JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Projected Depth Chart for Alabama vs. FAU
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
September 3rd, 2014 01:10 AM

Disclaimer: This is not an official University of Alabama document. The depth chart is taken from individual practice and game observations, and is color-coded. Seniors are in black, juniors previously on the team are in green, junior college transfers in their junior year are in purple, junior college transfers in their sophomore year are in […]

Read More Here

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Jess, do you think Cam Sims will get the start as White's replacement instead of Chris Black? (Not that it much matters, since both will undoubtedly get plenty of playing time.)

How does this even work anyways? Does an X receiver typically know the patterns for Y and Z receivers as well? Or, instead of being plug and play, are the receivers more specialized so that a flanker is always a flanker?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I also think the prediction of Cameron Sims with the 1's is interesting. May be more of a position by committee.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I also think the prediction of Cameron Sims with the 1's is interesting. May be more of a position by committee.
Think you'll see a deep rotation there, but he actually played a decent bit against WVU, even though he didn't register a catch. I'd guess he played around 15 snaps.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Jess, do you think Cam Sims will get the start as White's replacement instead of Chris Black? (Not that it much matters, since both will undoubtedly get plenty of playing time.)

How does this even work anyways? Does an X receiver typically know the patterns for Y and Z receivers as well? Or, instead of being plug and play, are the receivers more specialized so that a flanker is always a flanker?

Based on the official release depth chart:

WR (X)- Amari Cooper
ArDarius Stewart
Raheem Falkins/Cameron Sims

WR (Z)- DeAndrew White
Robert Foster

WR (H) Christion Jones
Chris Black

But, to be frank, if these guys don't know most of what the other routes are, they just don't pay attention.

Also, formations change so much, it's hard to tell. While most "base" sets have the X and Z as the outside WRs on opposite sides, a "flip" formation may have the X and Z on the same side with the Z in the slot, and the Y lined up outside on the other side (giving the untrained eye the illusion that the man playing Y is actually playing Z.)

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

I put him there since Sims was the first guy at that position to enter the game behind White last Saturday. Turns out it might have been more of a case of hey-kid-get-in-there, because Saban said today that it would either be Black or Stewart.

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
I know one of the receiver's father. He said his son was told by CLK to learn all three positions. I don't know about the other guys, but he is ready at X, Y and Z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.