Why is Pat Dye in the College Football Hall of Fame?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
everyone wants to say they were robbed in 83, but I think Tubbs had more of a shot at catching carroll than dye would schellenberger or osbourne

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
everyone wants to say they were robbed in 83, but I think Tubbs had more of a shot at catching carroll than dye would schellenberger or osbourne
They played the toughest schedule (by far) and they had the best record. That one isn't even arguable. I hate Auburn, but give the devils their due.

Miami won it because they got to play Nebraska on their home field. And why? Because Texas was obligated to the Cotton Bowl, Auburn to the Sugar, Nebraska to the Orange and Illinois to the Cotton. Miami was ranked #5 but since they had no bowl obligation, they got to sit at home and benefit from the media hype machine that was calling this the greatest team in history. Nebraska did not play a single team that won eight games in the regular season (e.g. their BEST opponents were no better than 7-4) and one of those was WAC overrated chump Wyoming. If anyone had bothered to notice this, maybe Nebraska wouldn't have been so hyped - and then maybe Miami doesn't win it.

(Granted - in the BCS era it would have been unbeaten Nebraska versus Texas, but that's not the way it was then).

As far as 2004....you're kidding, right?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They played the toughest schedule (by far) and they had the best record. That one isn't even arguable. I hate Auburn, but give the devils their due.

Miami won it because they got to play Nebraska on their home field. And why? Because Texas was obligated to the Cotton Bowl,

As far as 2004....you're kidding, right?
I am and I am not.

I think the 83 team gets an enormous pass for that year and they think it is a done deal they would've beaten Texas, Nebraska, and Miami, but no one ever wants to admit dye'd legacy was defined on beating bama not being national prominent because I guarantee if those sanctions came in 83 and not 92 then dye would not be forced to resign. I really think at least Miami and Nebraska would've beaten them. As far as 04 I was joking sorry no blue txt, but for the record I think USC would've beaten them 35-24 in a competitive game instead of a billion to irrelevant like it was with Oklahoma

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.