NFL lobbies NFL Teams to consider Michael Sam as practice squad player.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this. After Sam was cut by the Rams, according to some sources the NFL actively reached out to other teams lobbying them to take a look into evaluating and signing Sam to their practice squad. I wonder how the other straight players who got cut and didn't get signed to a practice squad felt about that?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/r...nsider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad/

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this. After Sam was cut by the Rams, according to some sources the NFL actively reached out to other teams lobbying them to take a look into evaluating and signing Sam to their practice squad. I wonder how the other straight players who got cut and didn't get signed to a practice squad felt about that?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/r...nsider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad/
I heard they did the same thing for Toby Gerhart, being a white running back and all.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I think the 49ers is the most fitting team.
Roger that on the city. But, I'd like to see Bob Costas wrestle with the scenario during a Sunday night halftime piece when he celebrates Michael's introduction to the world of brutal, beat 'em up, tough guy football, yet can't utter the name of the team he's playing for. His head may explode from the stress.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

The NFL is a business; any lobbying they might have done for Sam was to prevent adverse PR. As businesses often do.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The NFL is a business; any lobbying they might have done for Sam was to prevent adverse PR. As businesses often do.
I don't care what the reasoning was for. The bottom line is they gave special treatment to a player that ultimately was based on his sexual orientation while other straight players in Sam's same position got nothing.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I don't care what the reasoning was for. The bottom line is they gave special treatment to a player that ultimately was based on his sexual orientation while other straight players in Sam's same position got nothing.
It'll be interesting to see if/how the NFL Player's Union responds to that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.