News Article: Great article on Cam Robinson and how he became Saban's 1st true freshman LT .

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Definitely a very tough position for a reason. I like what Whitworth says:

"Let's be honest, you can stop a guy 80 times in a game but the one time they make a big play people make a big deal out of it," he said. "That's how hard our position is. You look at just how disproportionate defensive lineman and offensive lineman are. A D-lineman wins one time a game he's a Hall of Famer in the NFL. That means he's averaging 16 sacks a season, which would send him to the Hall of Fame no question. "If an NFL offensive lineman loses one time a game, meaning you give up 16 sacks a season, you wouldn't be there the next year. I can lose one out of 80 and I don't have a job."

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Best read I've had in a while concerning fball period. Great insight in that piece. Appreciate the link.
I thought so too. It was nice to read an article with substance. Most of the time you read "articles" that are nothing more than excepts from CNS' press conferences with a little spin on it from the "author" that gives you no more info than you already knew.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I thought so too. It was nice to read an article with substance. Most of the time you read "articles" that are nothing more than excepts from CNS' press conferences with a little spin on it from the "author" that gives you no more info than you already knew.
Exactly. I really did enjoy Barrett and Whitworth's insight. Whit is hilarious and spot on about the OL/DL perception. Then again, the owners don't overlook the big uglies cause the good ones get paid some serious coin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.