Game Thread: ****Bama vs. FAU****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'm officially off the Coker bandwagon, he just doesn't look ready. Plus, the offense just looks faster and more dynamic, versatile with Sims in the game.
Sims has done what's asked of him, but I'd like to see him with the intermediate throws. Either way, I think both QBs can play and will support both regardless.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm officially off the Coker bandwagon, he just doesn't look ready. Plus, the offense just looks faster and more dynamic, versatile with Sims in the game.
I'm not so sure we can just run WR screens with every other pass against SEC teams. Have to have some vertical threat or they will stack the box and sell out to the run. I really liked the slant route BS hit Coop on. If he could do that and some crossing routes with OJ he'd be lethal.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
yeah how dare he say what is actually happening on the field.
No kidding. I'm not getting the Andre Ware hate. I think he's insightful and brings some great knowledge.

If people think Ware is "hating" on Coker, they should be glad Gary Danielson probably won't have a chance to get a hold of him...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, so far I'd say Sims leads the competition. We play much faster with him in there and it's obvious Coker has a lot of rust on him. He doesn't know the offense as well and it shows.
I just hope they'll let BS air it out a little. We're going to need that later and I'd rather he had some reps at it...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Sims looks sharper, but as Earle pointed out, we are attacking the defense differently with Coker in. Coker's delivery just looks slower to me and he obviously is having to think more out there.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Sims looks sharper, but as Earle pointed out, we are attacking the defense differently with Coker in. Coker's delivery just looks slower to me and he obviously is having to think more out there.

oh yeah, Kif is calling a different game for each QB

TIDESURGE

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 27, 2005
With Sims you not going to beat the LSU's he can manage the game but I haven't seen the vertical pass yet, but there is no question as a game manager it not even a competition!

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
For those concerned about OJ...he's been open multiple times and neither qb is finding him. Seems like they're both kinda locking in on one receiver, which is usually Coop

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I think Coker did okay job except for the last play.. he should've throw the ball away. I can see why Saban isn't ready to go with him just yet.. he needs experience.
Agreed. I hope he gets at least one more quarter of play today to get more game time. Blake certainly seems more comfortable with the offense and Coker has made a few poor throws that should have been easy completions. However I kind of like our offense with Coker better. Loving the play action and deep balls.

I am still waiting to see a more down field pass game with Sims instead of passes at the line of scrimmage and just letting the WR run. Just want to see how he does there. Had a nice pass to Cooper across the middle earlier.

Now, does Blake come back in or do we see Cooper later on?

Last edited:

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
This whole thing, in my mind, is having a deep threat. It's not really there with Blake so at some point we'll reach critical mass. Hopefully Coker is ready when that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Sims is playing faster because he is only throwing bubble screens. Pretty simple to see that..
This exactly!!! Also Andre Ware can't stand Coker playing good. Yes he hasn't been in the system as long as Sims but he has shown he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.