****Bama vs. FAU - Postgame Thread****

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Don't know how it looked on TV, but from inside the stadium the entire offense played faster with Sims in the game. It looked and felt like everyone was more comfortable.
looked just like that on TV. seemed more like practice with Coker in the game

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Anyone besides me a little befuddled about the lack of utilizing 88 in the offensive game plan? I thought maybe they were taking that away from us in the first game. But today, when we could do pretty much anything we wanted, I expected to see the ball go OJ's way a couple of times at least.
OJ has been targeted once in 2 games.

Cooper, on the other hand, has 25 catches for 319 yards. That puts him on pace to break the single season records for both catches and yards in a season. He's already more than halfway to last year's reception total.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have never said anything other than Jake has more upside, and the offense has more potential if he plays well, which he has not. got one more game, then the starting job will be Blakes. can't change after Florida.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Can't really say enough about the explosiveness of Drake and Cooper. With a few exceptions, I liked what I saw from Cyrus. And I was impressed with Rashaan Evans.

A lot to not like from what we saw on D though. Also, Kiffin called a great game, but the repertoire is going to have to expand...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Cooper, on the other hand, has 25 catches for 319 yards. That puts him on pace to break the single season records for both catches and yards in a season. He's already more than halfway to last year's reception total.

problem, we don't have the solid #2. a good possession guy. We don't have a Kevin Norwood

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Let's give a shout out to the OL...they played incredibly consistent even with subs in. I know there was a talent mismatch, but I have seen us struggle in the past against lesser teams.

And the Defense. Except for one 31 yard run FAU could not move the ball in any consistent fashion.
The O-line has been the biggest positive surprise to me thus far.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
we haven't really used OJ much on the roll out. Throwing to OJ in regular releases requires confidence in reading the middle of the defense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do some of you honestly think we've seen the entire offense the last two games? Kiffin has called two good games while keeping the offense fairly bland.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Well, the first decent defense we see will try to take AC away as a pitch and catch play. No way we can keep throwing to him 15 times a game without a decent db jumping those short routes.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Impressed with both QB's. I really trust Coach Saban to make all the right QB decisions. I suspect this is one of those games that Coach, we won convincingly but there is a lot to work on.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The O-line has been the biggest positive surprise to me thus far.
Me too. Granted out level of competition hasn't been that great, but you can't ask for much more with a Freshman at LT. We've done good in pass protect. Plus I feel like we are better at run blocking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.