****Bama vs. FAU - Postgame Thread****

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Do some of you honestly think we've seen the entire offense the last two games? Kiffin has called two good games while keeping the offense fairly bland.
Yeah, we haven't used the "Jake, Blake and Shake" play where Coker is under center and he throws a lateral to Sims who throws a screen pass to Cooper.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban got ....ed at the fans for al declaring Sims to be the starter. I guess he saw the forum here! Coker and Sims did great job and I think we'll see both of them a lot this season.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Our #20 might b the best back we have. I liked what I saw from him. Sims may turn the coker experiment into a bust.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
One thing that both QB's definitely have to improve on is getting the play called, right formation and clock management. They had lots of trouble at home with a quiet crowd. Away games with good defenses could be trouble if they don't get the problems sorted out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The game ended with 7:53 left on the clock. Alabama ran 70 offensive plays after running 82 last week. I'll gladly take that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One thing that both QB's definitely have to improve on is getting the play called, right formation and clock management. They had lots of trouble at home with a quiet crowd. Away games with good defenses could be trouble if they don't get the problems sorted out.
Dead on! How is it easier for the qb to get the signal standing at the line than in the huddle? You'd think one of the two qb could manage a huddle and get them to LOS in time to make audibles.

Seem they both are struggling on this.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This is a much better post game thread than last week. Have people stepped back from the edge now?
The outcome against WVU was never really comfortable the whole game until the very end. That and the defensive struggles along with not seeing Coker put everybody on edge.

I think both qbs playing has allowed everybody to see we've got two guys that can play and that we'd do ok with either one, to some extent.

Plus, stomping a mudhole in a team helps.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It wouldn't surprise me to find out in a tight game that Sims has a better long ball than some are giving him credit for. In my scenario, he continues to play well, building confidence...then when the chips are down he surprises the defense by making the throws he needs to make.

We've had players perform at the top of their game many times before. I like the progress Sims has shown in the last 6 months. If he keeps improving at that rate, he may surprise everybody.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It wouldn't surprise me to find out in a tight game that Sims has a better long ball than some are giving him credit for. In my scenario, he continues to play well, building confidence...then when the chips are down he surprises the defense by making the throws he needs to make.

We've had players perform at the top of their game many times before. I like the progress Sims has shown in the last 6 months. If he keeps improving at that rate, he may surprise everybody.
That looks good on paper and sounds good in theory, but someone is rarely successful doing something for the very first time unless they've done it under pressure, and usually have failed a few times, before they eventually succeed.

If Sims stays the starter, I don't won't his first, long deep ball over the middle to be against the Florida secondary.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Dead on! How is it easier for the qb to get the signal standing at the line than in the huddle? You'd think one of the two qb could manage a huddle and get them to LOS in time to make audibles.

Seem they both are struggling on this.
in the huddle, sims ran out of time on playclock against WVU. save time be team being at the line when play is cC;'[/URLVDdgfhsvsfvfvSCCXCSCF.,mhg21WFcvsfZXFMCG,LUI.TO;'PU({I'LKLJK,JFGTZAfsCqvegaAEY4SRKUR,.P9[UOPJKLJ.G,JDTRZErsafscwxwdqETRWAHJTYMEU,ETMJG

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
That looks good on paper and sounds good in theory, but someone is rarely successful doing something for the very first time unless they've done it under pressure, and usually have failed a few times, before they eventually succeed.

If Sims stays the starter, I don't won't his first, long deep ball over the middle to be against the Florida secondary.
I understand your point. All I was suggesting is if Sims continues to play well and build confidence he may rise to the occasion with an adequate throwing arm to get the job done.

Even without a true long ball, he could still stretch the field with more mid-range passes.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Our #20 might b the best back we have. I liked what I saw from him. Sims may turn the coker experiment into a bust.
Tyren looked pretty good. He reminded me a little of Sherman Williams.
I think he has a way to go before he's anywhere near TJ, Derrick, and Kenyan, but he certainly did well. sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.