****Bama vs. FAU - Postgame Thread****

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Don't know how it looked on TV, but from inside the stadium the entire offense played faster with Sims in the game. It looked and felt like everyone was more comfortable.
It was interesting to watch Kiffin's body language while JC was in the the game. He (Kiffin) was very animated. I think the word that best fits what I observed is "exasperated." It's like he's thinking "Dang, you have so much talent... why can't you put it all together? We've been over and over this in practice!" I kinda felt bad for JC... Kiffin was on him pretty good, and it didn't look all that pleasant or nice.

Last edited:

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
How well can the o-line develope with Sims in with his ability to escape. And then here comes Coker who will need better protection than sims. Honestly Sims has tucked it and ran more than I'd like to see given our first two opponents. Poor pass protection will keep sims in the game till he gets banged up. It isn't going to get any easier.
I actually think pass protection has been solid. I just went back and watched the game again and the pass protection held up quite well. Most of the QB runs were from designed rollouts where if the receiver isn't open the QB is expected to run. The o-line created a nice pocket most of the time.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Read on twitter that Amari Cooper leads the nation with 25 receptions. When is the last time we had a WR lead the nation in receptions??

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
She had the audacity of reporting something interesting rather than just stand there looking pretty. In this case, she reported that Kiffin told Coker something to the effect of "Don't get a field goal on the next drive. It's embarrassing."

She had a few other good nuggets, too, but that's the one that stood out.
What she did was eavesdrop on a conversation between the OC and the quarterback on the sideline during a game and the reported it over the air. You just don't do that in the middle of a game. While she didn't give away any strategic info, she did repeat something from a personal conversation that they probably didn't want repeated to the entire viewing public.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
What she did was eavesdrop on a conversation between the OC and the quarterback on the sideline during a game and the reported it over the air. You just don't do that in the middle of a game. While she didn't give away any strategic info, she did repeat something from a personal conversation that they probably didn't want repeated to the entire viewing public.
While it WAS interesting for us fans to hear, I tend to agree that it probably should not have been reported. Things being said between coaches and players in their huddles are usually not meant for TV audience...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.