Do you think Sims separated himself further today?

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
This is one of the reasons I am not as worried about this as others seem to be. Both of them seem to be showing a lot of maturity, and are handling this very well.

I believe we are capable of beating everyone with either of the two if the team plays well. I am just going to relax and watch them do it.
Thank you. Finally, something I can hang my hat on. You know, there's a whole big world out there and some of us need to back away from the computer keyboard and enjoy it while you can.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Now that's funny. However, this is a serious discussion, at least to Bama fans. I'd like to keep the sarcasm, snark and ad hominem attacks to the NS board, where it belongs. It doesn't belong here, according to our policies...
Hmm... Didn't know that. Sorry.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I thought he played calmly, under control and with a great understanding of how to use his strengths to help his team. When the clock ran down because the play was not forthcoming, he just called a basic roll out and out ran everyone. His speed and ability to reverse will surely keep offside DE's from pursuing too fast. It will also make scoring from inside the 5 much easier than just pounding ahead.

I know we are a work in progress and we will stumble...but this team is improving weekly.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think Coker and Sims has tried to show the Bama fan that they can win the games together, by working together in practice, helping developing each other to the maximum as possible. There is a reason why both of them are continuing to get better each week. Sims Has improved on lot of things, and so has Coker. If there is one thing we should've realized by now, is that all this bickering back and forth isn't helping our team, and they need our support right now. We need to SUPPORT both of the QBs... and have faith in them. Sims won my heart over and I"m proud of him, and Coker won my heart over as well. I"m happy with whoever we have as our QB.

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
I beleive that Sims did seperate himself today... My only complaint is that he does not seem to be looking for any receiver besides Coop. Bama has a stable of talented receivers, no reason not to pass to the other guys and keep them all involved. : )

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think that's more in the play calling thus far.
Not according to people who were at the game and had the whole field view, as opposed to the tube. Chris Black was open repeatedly, and he's arguably at least our second most gifted receiver. If Blake continues to be conditioned to look first for #9, it will be eventually be taken advantage of, when the DB talent on the other side improves...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Like Blake's ability to create plays with his legs in the redzone. Should be easier for us to come away with touchdowns instead of field goals..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Not according to people who were at the game and had the whole field view, as opposed to the tube. Chris Black was open repeatedly, and he's arguably at least our second most gifted receiver. If Blake continues to be conditioned to look first for #9, it will be eventually be taken advantage of, when the DB talent on the other side improves...
I'll agree 100% that we better start utilizing the tight ends and other receivers once we get to SEC competition, and I'm beginning to feel sorry for Chris Black, who has amazing talent.
I'm just wondering if Amari isn't the designated primary receiver, and we're not asking Blake to read progressions at all.
That's what I meant by, "the play calling".
That's all.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Like Blake's ability to create plays with his legs in the redzone. Should be easier for us to come away with touchdowns instead of field goals..
Yep. The more Blake shows his running ability (not saying he needs to be like Manziel or Marshall, just a couple of runs a game), the more opposing defenses worry about him, which helps the offense. With LBs worrying about Blake, the TEs should really be featured.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'll agree 100% that we better start utilizing the tight ends and other receivers once we get to SEC competition, and I'm beginning to feel sorry for Chris Black, who has amazing talent.
I'm just wondering if Amari isn't the designated primary receiver, and we're not asking Blake to read progressions at all.
That's what I meant by, "the play calling".
That's all.
sip
Yea we might as well continue to throw it to Amari if he continues to be wide open. It would be nice to have some other receivers and TEs involved in the offense though. Like everyone else has mentioned at some point AC will be taken away by the defensive game plan..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yea we might as well continue to throw it to Amari if he continues to be wide open. It would be nice to have some other receivers and TEs involved in the offense though. Like everyone else has mentioned at some point AC will be taken away by the defensive game plan..
Oh, I can guarantee you that Amari will be covered up by Florida.
My sincerest hope is that we've been "disguising" our offense a bit although I don't like that philosophy at all.
If we go into the Florida game thinking we can depend on one single receiver we're going to have a long afternoon.
sip

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Cooper will be our first read on 75% of pass routes. He is too talented not to be. To me Sims has not really forced the ball into Cooper. There was a play where we had three players wide open during the play. He threw an out route to Cooper and people complained that Black was open and was an easier throw. If Cooper was the first read then that is not Sims locking in on Cooper it is a Kiffin play calling thing (and not a bad thing in my mind.) If he throws it into coverage/double coverage then it's a Sims problem for locking in and not going through progressions.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Oh, I can guarantee you that Amari will be covered up by Florida.
My sincerest hope is that we've been "disguising" our offense a bit although I don't like that philosophy at all.
If we go into the Florida game thinking we can depend on one single receiver we're going to have a long afternoon.
sip
Yea I just wish we had a few more players in a good flow with the offense (mainly OJ and Chris Black). I don't think UF is going to let Amari catch 10-15 balls..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Sims did target D. White consistently in the WVU game. Perhaps his eventual return will distribute the ball more amongst the receivers.

However, if Coop is open, why not throw it to him? As long as Blake doesn't start throwing into double coverage again and again...that's what I remember about JPW/GMac over depending on JJ.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I agree they will definitely have double coverage eventually, but when they do that means either man to man on our other receivers and tight ends. If not and they stay in cover 2 with a double team on Cooper our run game is going to run wild. They will not have enough left to stop our three headed beast at rb.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.