Do you think Sims separated himself further today?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yea I just wish we had a few more players in a good flow with the offense (mainly OJ and Chris Black). I don't think UF is going to let Amari catch 10-15 balls..
I'll make this prediction---if Amari makes ten catches Saturday, we'll be lucky to win the game.
If O.J. and Chris Black make a combined six receptions, and Amari catches four, we'll win by three touchdowns.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll make this prediction---if Amari makes ten catches Saturday, we'll be lucky to win the game.
If O.J. and Chris Black make a combined six receptions, and Amari catches four, we'll win by three touchdowns.
Good SWAG. Of course, we have Drake and the wheel route, as well. Saban has mentioned the concentration on #9. They're on it...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The best post of the day. That's one thing I hate about watching the game on TV, I felt like we're missing something.. but Saban did say his name after the game and so... Sims has gotta do better of that, otherwise, Coker ........
Not according to people who were at the game and had the whole field view, as opposed to the tube. Chris Black was open repeatedly, and he's arguably at least our second most gifted receiver. If Blake continues to be conditioned to look first for #9, it will be eventually be taken advantage of, when the DB talent on the other side improves...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One thing, Sip does have point is on the fact Sims seems to rely on Cooper a lot, whereas Coker is spreading the ball around... I think they will focus on that in the practice this week.... Don't be surprised Sims get in a mess in a hurry and he gets pulled........ Again, This is my neutral point of view. We have to spread the field, but All that talks about trying to hide the offense as much as we can before Florida is silly, to me, because They're running the routes... Florida is going to look at the films and see things what we see, and there are two ways they can do to affect our passing game: Play blitz coverages against us, Put pressure on Sims, and force him to go through his reads.. or scramble a lot. 2. We could see them double team cooper and force sims to throw to Black, White, Jones.....

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Oh, I can guarantee you that Amari will be covered up by Florida.
My sincerest hope is that we've been "disguising" our offense a bit although I don't like that philosophy at all.
If we go into the Florida game thinking we can depend on one single receiver we're going to have a long afternoon.
sip
Florida going to do all they can to lose that game. JD is a bonehead QB and that DB they have is good but he's no Patrick Peterson. They have many more problems than Alabama does.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
One thing, Sip does have point is on the fact Sims seems to rely on Cooper a lot, whereas Coker is spreading the ball around... I think they will focus on that in the practice this week.... Don't be surprised Sims get in a mess in a hurry and he gets pulled........ Again, This is my neutral point of view. We have to spread the field, but All that talks about trying to hide the offense as much as we can before Florida is silly, to me, because They're running the routes... Florida is going to look at the films and see things what we see, and there are two ways they can do to affect our passing game: Play blitz coverages against us, Put pressure on Sims, and force him to go through his reads.. or scramble a lot. 2. We could see them double team cooper and force sims to throw to Black, White, Jones.....
Well the good thing is Blake Sims can scramble he won't just fold up.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Florida going to do all they can to lose that game. JD is a bonehead QB and that DB they have is good but he's no Patrick Peterson. They have many more problems than Alabama does.
I agree. I would be surprised if the game was still close in the 4th quarter. Florida's talent level isn't really close to ours. And they are coming off a 3 OT game and traveling to BDS..

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Don't be surprised Sims get in a mess in a hurry and he gets pulled........ Again, This is my neutral point of view.
I'm going to be very, very surprised if that happens, even if Blake struggles. In fact, the only way that is even conceivable is if Blake completely melts down and we are way behind late in the game and we need to throws bombs to have a chance to win, IMO.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My fear with Coop getting most of the catches is the other receivers letting up, breaking off routes or not remaining focused. We have good, talented guys but it is just human nature to slack off if you're feeling ignored. We will need them all to make plays down the stretch.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm going to be very, very surprised if that happens, even if Blake struggles. In fact, the only way that is even conceivable is if Blake completely melts down and we are way behind late in the game and we need to throws bombs to have a chance to win, IMO.
Given his WVU experience, I would be surprised as well.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
My fear with Coop getting most of the catches is the other receivers letting up, breaking off routes or not remaining focused. We have good, talented guys but it is just human nature to slack off if you're feeling ignored. We will need them all to make plays down the stretch.
Even with Cooper getting all those catches they're still doing a pretty good job of blocking for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.