Do you think Sims separated himself further today?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
According to NFLDraftScouts.Com
Blake Sims: [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.49[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] 40 Low:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.40[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.58[/SIZE]
Nick Marshal: [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.48[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.38[/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.59

I've seen people say Marshal is significantly faster, and I have to admit I haven't seen him play live. But, I haven't seen any proof that he actually is
[/SIZE]
significantly faster, just conjecture. I've watched both play, and I'm not sure where the argument that Marshal is faster comes from, then again it's not like they have them run the 40 in the game.
Neither have run official 40 times. The ones in camp aren't official. I'm just going by the eye test and Nick Marshall is a smaller guy overall..

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
I thought Nick Marshall was alot taller than 6'1". I would have thought he was at least 6'3" or 6'4". Oh well...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would take Blake over nick even though they are practically the same except blake can pass and he doesnt get involved with the law.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Nick Marshall is listed at 6'1", 210
Blake Sims is listed at 6'0", 208

Stop using facts to defend Sims. Some posters don't believe in facts and what is known verses what is speculation and potential. It is funny how they always have an answer to excuse or rationalize the facts. 

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
You know, it's fine to discuss this "QB Competition/Controversy" but it ain't gonna be solved by the bickering going on between posters on here. Some like Sims' qualities such as being more mobile and believing that at this point he is the better team leader ( I'm personally in the group that thinks he is the better team leader at this point).
To be sure, Sims has made some mistakes but so has Coker. What good is a cannon if you can't put the projectile consistently where you want it? People are all over Sims saying he's going to get picked a lot because of not stretching the field. Coker is just as apt to be intercepted for floating passes. We have 2 QBs and both have different skill sets that can be used as assets to help the team win.
Maybe CNS is determined to use both QBs all season long and maybe one will eventually separate himself and EARN the title of starter.
Either way is ok by me because the people making these decisions knows a lot more about it than I do.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I was just watching the replay of the game. I loved how Sims was the first to congratulate Coker on his touchdown pass.

Seems like they have a good relationship.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I agree with Mystical. The only thing I see is that Jake at this point plays slower, the team doesn't have the rhythm under coker . Mybe Ware is confusing that with guys not playing hard I also don't understand Andre's other comments during the game. I always liked Andre Ware, as a person, player and as a mid tier analyst. His comments are a little baffling.
I actually addressed this earlier, but I'll repeat that I said this long before Ware said anything.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I would take Blake over nick even though they are practically the same except blake can pass and he doesnt get involved with the law.
I will have to respectfully disagree. They could not be further apart as qbs. Nick Marshall has 9 or 10 core plays and 90% are run. He only throws when it's the last option. Sims is 95% pass and only runs when it's the last option. Even when he gets blitzed he keeps his eyes down field. Could Sums run *U's offense? Yes no doubt but that's what he does at Alabama. He is a pocket passer not a read option qb.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I will have to respectfully disagree. They could not be further apart as qbs. Nick Marshall has 9 or 10 core plays and 90% are run. He only throws when it's the last option. Sims is 95% pass and only runs when it's the last option. Even when he gets blitzed he keeps his eyes down field. Could Sums run *U's offense? Yes no doubt but that's what he does at Alabama. He is a pocket passer not a read option qb.
More talking about the physical, not being a qb at first ,and can affect the game with their legs aspect rather than the offense they run. The number one reason from a play perspective that I would take Blake is his passing ability over nicks

Just my opinion

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I agree with changing positions and physical statue being about the same and I appreciate your opinion and agree in principle. Just have a differing opinion on details is all.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Yes they do seem to have become fast friends. We could all learn from them.
This is one of the reasons I am not as worried about this as others seem to be. Both of them seem to be showing a lot of maturity, and are handling this very well.

I believe we are capable of beating everyone with either of the two if the team plays well. I am just going to relax and watch them do it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This is one of the reasons I am not as worried about this as others seem to be. Both of them seem to be showing a lot of maturity, and are handling this very well.

I believe we are capable of beating everyone with either of the two if the team plays well. I am just going to relax and watch them do it.

I have taken this approach for this season as a whole.

We are a young team on defense and a new QB under center. If we ended up in the playoffs...this would probably be Saban's best coaching effort to date for Alabama. IMHO.

So I am being realistic and enjoying the season as it is. Less stressful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.