Game Thread: BYU at Texas

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I actually feel bad for Charlie Strong. I really like the statements that he has made going into the program, and I believe that he will resurrect them. However, he inherited a dumpster fire of a program. It's becoming even more clear how out of control Mack had let that program become.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I actually feel bad for Charlie Strong. I really like the statements that he has made going into the program, and I believe that he will resurrect them. However, he inherited a dumpster fire of a program. It's becoming even more clear how out of control Mack had let that program become.
^^^This^^^ I really like what the guy is doing there and hope the big wigs in Austin give him enough time to right the ship.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
our first season with CNS was luckily 7-6. Strong has to install his system and principles to get them back on track after Mack fell asleep at the wheel. Knowing a few longhorn folks here, they considered this a lost season from the get go because they knew Strong was in for a rebuilding year or two.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
^^^This^^^ I really like what the guy is doing there and hope the big wigs in Austin give him enough time to right the ship.
They won't. He'll be lucky to survive this year. I'm a huge Strong fan, but he won't survive TU. He should've stayed one more year in Louisville and then taken the Florida job. This, unfortunately, will set him back several years.

The boosters at TU didn't want Strong. Many were still Mack supporters and many didn't want a black coach. They have more money than God and my guess is Charlie will be a rich man, just unemployed.

Of course I wouldn't put it past them to use some of these kids that have been kicked off to trump up some charges on Coach Strong or try and get CCS in some sort of compromising position to get out of the contract all together.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Strong is doing in Texas what Muschamp had to do at FL, and the result will be a few painful seasons. You have to take a longer view or you are lost. They hired Strong for a reason. Let's hope that the PTB support him through the entire process.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think hes a very good football coach, but I'm not sure Charlie has the right personality to be successful at Texas, and I think that has shown to some degree in the rough start he has had out there.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
"Tried to get in at 11:30 last night and no luck. It looks like the game thread ended at half-time. Should I just be prepared not to come on HornFans once the game starts till Sunday?"

It looks like hornfans are on a short fuse and poor Charlie has not many friends. Wow. Locking your board down at halftime!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.