Sark calls Pat Haden down to the sidelines during game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I find it hard to believe that Sark asked Haden to come down. I know what Haden said - just don't believe it. After the penalty, Sark moved on and was back to coaching. I think that this is just Haden meddling and he needed a reason other than "I lost my mind" to explain his behavior.
Sark's post game comments:

"Obviously I had gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty, and I was incorrect," Sarkisian said after the game. "You can't be in the white at any time and I was in the white on the field goal. At the time I vehemently disagreed with the call, but by the letter of the law I was incorrect.

"I didn't feel like I was in a position to continue to discuss that with the officiating crew. I felt like I was better off having Pat get in between and make sure everybody knew what was going on. I was in a frame of mind -- I was in a competitive mode, and I just felt like it was the right thing to do."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guess I didn't have much of an opinion on Sarkisian before this, but now I consider him a whiny little baby. Good grief, act like a man - you're forty!

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I wish they would let the computers rank the top 10. The top 4 get in the playoffs, and bottom 6 go to other New Year's Day BCS-type bowls. Then a human "selection committee" could come in and seed the top 4, using geography or avoiding re-matches or whatever subjective method they want to use, and they could also set matchups for the other three bowls.

Nobody other than players, coaches, and officials/referees should interject themselves directly into the game other than cheering and/or making noise from their seats. That should apply to students, fans, administrators, media, etc. Haden should be barred from the stadium if he can't control himself.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I wish they would let the computers rank the top 10. The top 4 get in the playoffs, and bottom 6 go to other New Year's Day BCS-type bowls. Then a human "selection committee" could come in and seed the top 4, using geography or avoiding re-matches or whatever subjective method they want to use, and they could also set matchups for the other three bowls.
Agree 100% but of course you know that would NEVER happen. Sportswriters and the football powers that be put a lot more faith in the value of human gut-feel than in new-fangled things like math and science.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Epitomizes why I hate U$C. We're SC. We're the Gods of the Universe (even though we've been a chump team for the last 10 years). If we don't like the reffing, we're going to call big daddy Pat Haden to come down onto the field and talk it out with you, give you some perspective. We're aren't like other teams. We're above reffing. I can't say what I really think about SC's actions because it would involve curse words. Pat Haden is obviously biased and is not a suitable member for the committee. He should immediately resign. If it came down to USC vs Oregon or any other PAC team getting into the playoffs, who do you think he'll pick? But I hope things like this happen more often so that the committee idea is scrapped when it becomes evident that the bias is insurmountable. Get back to the BCS formula with a 4 or 8 team playoff an no athletic directors/politicians deciding the outcomes of a football season.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
That would $1.25 million less they can spend buying their recruits.
I hope you don't find offense, Oregonblitz; I'm not singling you out. However, your post reminds me of when Texas A&M and Oklahoma fans came on this forum to trash Texas before we played them in Jan. 2010. Or when Texas fans come on here to trash Texas A&M when the Aggies joined the SEC. I don't quite understand why you guys waste time trying to proselytize your views on the forums of 3rd-party teams.

(That said, I, too, dislike USC.)

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I hope you don't find offense, Oregonblitz; I'm not singling you out. However, your post reminds me of when Texas A&M and Oklahoma fans came on this forum to trash Texas before we played them in Jan. 2010. Or when Texas fans come on here to trash Texas A&M when the Aggies joined the SEC. I don't quite understand why you guys waste time trying to proselytize your views on the forums of 3rd-party teams.

(That said, I, too, dislike USC.)
Good point. I just thought it was a good chance to take a jab at USC in an appropriate thread. Also, I hope you silence their coliseum in 2016.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Good point. I just thought it was a good chance to take a jab at USC in an appropriate thread. Also, I hope you silence their coliseum in 2016.
To be fair, I suspect that there Alabama fans who go onto other teams' sites and occasionally try to convince them how evil Auburn is. I doubt these other teams' fans care one way or the other!

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Epitomizes why I hate U$C. We're SC. We're the Gods of the Universe (even though we've been a chump team for the last 10 years). If we don't like the reffing, we're going to call big daddy Pat Haden to come down onto the field and talk it out with you, give you some perspective. We're aren't like other teams. We're above reffing. I can't say what I really think about SC's actions because it would involve curse words. Pat Haden is obviously biased and is not a suitable member for the committee. He should immediately resign. If it came down to USC vs Oregon or any other PAC team getting into the playoffs, who do you think he'll pick? But I hope things like this happen more often so that the committee idea is scrapped when it becomes evident that the bias is insurmountable. Get back to the BCS formula with a 4 or 8 team playoff an no athletic directors/politicians deciding the outcomes of a football season.
Agreed. What we had worked pretty darn well. Not sure why the BCS formula wouldn't work with the playoff plan currently in place.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
So, Sark actually called Hayden down to the field to talk to the refs? How embarrassing.

Hayden should have had the good sense to tell Sark to put on his big boy pants and just coach his team.
Absolutely. I'm not sure what either of them were thinking.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Cowherd was defending USCw hardcore on his show today. Of course he is a west coast guy so I guess that is expected..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.