Terrible Night for the Big Ten!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Urban has lost three of his last four games. The Ohio State boards are a hoot.

One remark tickled me...they hope Dan Mullen gets fired this year so he can come bail out Urban.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I thought Wisconsin played well against LSU, until they lost 2/3 of their D line. Haven't heard reports on that, but I'm not just sure who is the best team in that group. Thought it might be MSU, but the Ducks seemed to really get their number in the second half.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A really bad day for a power conference. Purdue got blown out by Central Michigan. Last week, CMU struggled to beat Chattanooga 20-16.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We have learned in the first two weeks of the season that our defense isn't as good as it looks on paper or in the spring game, and our offense is going to suffer without Miller. I still think that MSU will win the B1G, but we will have to see how everyone handles defeat.
Not trying to bash OSU or Meyer but the Oline looked terrible. I felt sorry for their QB.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
What was all that bull crap preseason talk from the talking heads about the B1G being great this year, and the SEC being in trouble? Yet here we are, week 2. And they are who we thought they are! Yah SHUDUP talking heads.
The only talk I heard about another conference being great (and possibly better than the SEC) was all about the PAC 12. Nobody I heard seemed to expect a lot from the Big 10/12/14 as a whole. Most talking heads thought OSU had a shot at making the four-team playoff because the conference was weak to mediocre.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
The only talk I heard about another conference being great (and possibly better than the SEC) was all about the PAC 12. Nobody I heard seemed to expect a lot from the Big 10/12/14 as a whole. Most talking heads thought OSU had a shot at making the four-team playoff because the conference was weak to mediocre.
That was the take I heard as well, the most non-SEC hype I heard was for the PAC 12.

Still, the B1G performance this week was bad even by B1G standards.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, UCLA has done everything possible to show people why they are deserving of any PAC-12 title talk. They whipped Memphis 42-35 last night and destroyed Virginia 28-20 last week.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Ohio State could be an underdog when they face the two new members, Maryland and Rutgers. Who would have thought that?

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
We have learned in the first two weeks of the season that our defense isn't as good as it looks on paper or in the spring game, and our offense is going to suffer without Miller. I still think that MSU will win the B1G, but we will have to see how everyone handles defeat.
Agree on your defense, they haven't shown much improvement if any, very soft on short-to-medium middle of the field passes (absolutely killed against Va Tech). I think MSU is far and away the class of the league.

I know the BM loss hurt but realistically, if the OL comes together the year is salvageable (10 wins?), that replacement QB has a heck of a lot of potential. I'm not sure BM would have made it through the year with that OL at their current level of play!

Va Tech played Bama tough last year and even with BM this game wasn't going to be a pushover given your OL and defensive graduations. Add to that the fact that your D had the same issue Bama had last year, playing tough on 1st and 2nd but unable to get off the field on 3rd down and that was that.

Do you see Miller coming back next year?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Maybe it's not a lost cause for Michigan or OSU.... If they win rest of the game and win conference game.... They could in theory still get in.... if there is no undefeated teams left... It creates more difficult situations this season. We could have top 11 teams with 1 loss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.