secondary changes coming

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
does anyone else appreciate the change of eddie Jackson at corner, and when brown came in. we suddenly looked like the aggressive secondary of the past. I would like to see chris jones moved to kick returner or special teams, backup corner. the same with the coverage and speed of evans and Williams on the corners. have not seen that in a while. with all the hurry up offenses, we just don't cover the wide side of the field anymore. we have really big linebackers, and we need more speed linebackers to cover these new effective offenses. well getting off track, and hope Jackson and brown will be at corner for fla.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One game at a time. I don't think Cyrus jones has done anything to lose his job.... and Tony and Marlon got long way to go we may see them later this season but for now expect Jackson and jones to be back at corner and ch. Jones to be back at returner... it s just one game. I mean we played against FAU

It's Cyrus and Eddie. Bradley will come off the bench and probably run some star. He'll still have a good year. WRs were taking advantage of his size. He still needed to get his head around. Look to see more of Evans and Williams. That speed off the edge is too much.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I agree that with Eddie on the field our defense looks completely different (better). Cyrus isn't bad but I think we have someone on the team who would fit opposite Eddie better than Cyrus. Just having Eddie back makes me feel a lot better about the defense overall. Cornerbacks and pass rushers are the two most important pieces to a defense. Safeties, LBs, and defensive tackles are plentiful, CBs and pass rushers are not..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cyrus won't lose his position on the depth chart until he makes some major mistakes. He has experience, which neither freshman DB has. That goes a long way in CNS' system. The only negative for Cyrus is his size. At 5'10, he's a mismatch against a majority of SEC WRs.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I really think Tony Brown is the best option opposite Eddie Jackson...maybe now but definitely when he understands everything.

Cyrus is guilty of the same things as Sylve....not looking for the ball AT ALL and he's being eaten alive with either completions or PI flags.

What is worse... Brown making a mistake mentally and closing the distance but learning and getting better from snaps or Jones/Sylve being step for step and just watching catches happen or instigating penalties?

I don't know the answer;I'm just asking the question. I'd personally rather Brown get reps because he is instinctively playing better. There's NO WAY we teach DB's to NOT play the ball AT ALL. Very frustrating.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
I really think Tony Brown is the best option opposite Eddie Jackson...maybe now but definitely when he understands everything.

Cyrus is guilty of the same things as Sylve....not looking for the ball AT ALL and he's being eaten alive with either completions or PI flags.

What is worse... Brown making a mistake mentally and closing the distance but learning and getting better from snaps or Jones/Sylve being step for step and just watching catches happen or instigating penalties?

I don't know the answer;I'm just asking the question. I'd personally rather Brown get reps because he is instinctively playing better. There's NO WAY we teach DB's to NOT play the ball AT ALL. Very frustrating.
This. Cyrus simply lacks the size and overall talent that we'll need against better receivers. Why not get Brown and Humphrey some experience now so that maybe they can help later in the season against the better teams on our schedule.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I have to admit Evans looked really fast, but all he had to do was to put his ears back and go. I am excited about the future...Evans, Brown, Humphrey, both Fosters...the list goes on and on...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.