Bama "falls" to #3 in the AP poll.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We were only a few points ahead of them last week. We knew it was going to happen until we get into the meat of our schedule.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I like it. It can only serve as motivation for the guys. Also, Stanford or USC will give the Ducks a loss as usual.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Doesn't matter becauae of our upcoming SOS. UF, AU, aTm, LSU, Ole Miss and potential SECCG. We will make the playoffs as long as we don't lose more than one game..

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I fully expected it and actually I'd have no problem with Oregon being #1 in both polls. F$U looked mediocre for the 2nd straight week and that win over #7 Sparty is more impressive on paper than what We or Okla have done 'so far'.

Being unbiased based on the preseason Top 4 and who has played who and how they've looked I'd rank it as....

1) Oregon
2) F$U
3) Bama
4) UGA

Next 4

5) OLKA
6) A&M
7) AU
8) USCw

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What does it matter.... We win out we will be in the show and it seems Oregon will have a tough schedule because they are looking at playing ucla Stanford and possibly USC

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll take the contrarian point of view. We need to stay as highly ranked as possible because if we lose a game we'll fall further down in the polls and it'll be harder to climb back toward the top. Who knows how the selection committee will see it, but they'll probably let the polls influence them.

I know all we can do is control our own fate, but I don't want to see us fall down the polls just for motivation. If it takes that, we're already in trouble.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's too early to matter. If we win them all, we're in. Simple as that. Let the AP have their fun.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I think the polls matter at least from the standpoint of perception public and the committee. To be assured of a spot in the playoff we need to win out and that means of course winning the conference battle. We could get the nod over another 1 loss SEC team without playing in the championship game provided we haven't played the other 1 loss team and lost. I do not think the committee will take 2 SEC teams, especially this first year. After all, I believe it was formed just to prevent such an occurrence. I don't think I've seen an analysis from Jesse on his expectations and thoughts on the committee. I would be really interested in that. In any case we have a long way to go to be thinking too much about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.