The Ray Rice video

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The point was that we have no problem as a society going into freakin' meltdown and demanding he get prison time for abusing an animal, but a man beats another human and there's no where near the outrage.
I suggest you take a look at social media right now. There's plenty of outrage at the NFL and the district attorney's office right now.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I suggest you take a look at social media right now. There's plenty of outrage at the NFL and the district attorney's office right now.
I haven't looked at social media this morning. I'll take a look and I hope you're right. Because this guy should be behind bars and banned from the league (for life) with no appeal.

But it goes to show you how out of sight out of mind impacts how serious we take things. Even though no one saw the video they knew he punched her out. It took people actually seeing it to get upset about it. Why?

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Wow, that happened fast. So he hits her, she kinda charges him, and he knocks her out? That really is disturbing, I hope they can revisit this, and I'm usually a male apologist in these situations.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I haven't looked at social media this morning. I'll take a look and I hope you're right. Because this guy should be behind bars and banned from the league (for life) with no appeal.

But it goes to show you how out of sight out of mind impacts how serious we take things. Even though no one saw the video they knew he punched her out. It took people actually seeing it to get upset about it. Why?
But it didn't take seeing the video to get upset. People were upset that he only got 2 games because they knew he was in the wrong. The video only solidified what everyone knew and is bringing out more outrage.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
But it didn't take seeing the video to get upset. People were upset that he only got 2 games because they knew he was in the wrong. The video only solidified what everyone knew and is bringing out more outrage.
It's now being reported that the NFL may have told a fib. Chris Mortensen is standing behind his statement that he knows for a fact people within in the NFL office saw the video. A few other reporters are confirming what Mort is saying.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's now being reported that the NFL may have told a fib. Chris Mortensen is standing behind his statement that he knows for a fact people within in the NFL office saw the video. A few other reporters are confirming what Mort is saying.
this going to get ugly (well uglier)

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
The point was that we have no problem as a society going into freakin' meltdown and demanding he get prison time for abusing an animal, but a man beats another human and there's no where near the outrage.
You've obviously not been paying attention then. There was a ton of outrage at the original suspension and there's a ton of outrage now. Hell, Goodell was on PR damage control and sent out a DV suspension policy update to the teams.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
You've obviously not been paying attention then. There was a ton of outrage at the original suspension and there's a ton of outrage now. Hell, Goodell was on PR damage control and sent out a DV suspension policy update to the teams.
Maybe not. I have been somewhat consumed with other things the past month or so. But as I type now it seems this is hitting the fan. I'm watching ESPN and it is getting more escalated by the minute.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
this going to get ugly (well uglier)
GOOD. It needs to. The NFL lost me as a fan years ago when it became obvious that one could do almost anything and get a slap on the wrist if he was a goof enough athlete. It's about time the NFL was forced to deal with these animals.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
GOOD. It needs to. The NFL lost me as a fan years ago when it became obvious that one could do almost anything and get a slap on the wrist if he was a goof enough athlete. It's about time the NFL was forced to deal with these animals.
agreed on the 2nd sentence but I am still a Falcons fan

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The reports I've read said that the NFL (and by extension, Ozzie) hasn't seen this video. He'll be dropped by the Ravens within a couple of days.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I heard this morning that this happened when she was his fiance.

And she married him anyway?

Money, baby, money....
Yep, and ironically, she'll be off the gravy train if public campaign against Rice continues.

Edit: Missed the latest update. Rice has been cut. Doubt he'll be picked up by anyone else.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I heard this morning that this happened when she was his fiance.

And she married him anyway?

To be abused by him and then to marry him, I just don't understand. When he retires and is broke, what will she do then to keep him from abusing her.

She needs a divorce now and take whatever money she can get while he's still got some.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.