The Ray Rice video

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Why does the assault have to be SEEN for there to be outrage and the right thing done? It's not like anybody didn't know what happened.

That's what most disturbing.
I think most of us hear about this stuff rather often, but witness it rarely.

Many were disgusted and upset about his behavior, but the video evidence is overwhelming.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There was a ton of outrage over it and the NFL's decision. This just crystallized it again, particularly for people who don't normally pay attention to football, and it showed how egregious it was.
Yah, guys like me who stopped paying attention to the NFL years ago didn't hear much about this. Now, seeing this, it's simply incredible that Goodell chose two games. SMH

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
GOOD. It needs to. The NFL lost me as a fan years ago when it became obvious that one could do almost anything and get a slap on the wrist if he was a goof enough athlete. It's about time the NFL was forced to deal with these animals.
I too fell out with the NFL years ago. The actions of a quite a few, and the response of "the powers that be" made me sick.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The NFL is all claiming that they never saw the video.
That doesn't matter, imo. My point (which I guess I didn't make clearly) was that people who are not NFL fans (raises hand) probably were essentially unaware of this. It's shocking as my first exposure to it is actually seeing it. But seeing the video does;t change the even t at all, and I find it astonishing that Goodell thought a two game suspension was adequate for this.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
With him being cut by the Ravens and indefinitely suspended by the NFL, how can Goddell suspend him for more than 6 games? Six games is for the first offense. So, is Goddell going to say they didn't get it right again with the 6 game suspension for the 1st offense?

Looks like the only way he would/should miss more than 6 games is if no other teams picks him up.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
She is stupid to be with him. She will end up being killed by him...if she doesn't get away.

Do you think he will be happy with her now that he is cut from the NFL? She better get out now.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Ray Rice home at this time.

Would it be like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before the Fall?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Not sure who the analyst is but a guy on ESPN just said that it is time for the NFL to do some "house cleaning" and start tightening up on a lot of stuff. That over the years they've gotten too tolerate of things that in normal jobs would get people immediately fired. I agree with him too. We as a society (and yes it's partly our fault) will go out of our way and sometimes go outside of just good ole fashion common sense to give a pro athlete the benefit of the doubt. The league has mirrored this same type attitude.

We should also see what speaking out can do to initiate change. The public out cry on this (which I didn't realize was this much) turned the heads of the NFL and they saw $$$'s. At the end of the day we the consumer still hold the power. We've just forgotten how much power we actually hold. I can guarantee if stadiums started being empty on game days the NFL would do a lot more "changing" as well.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Ray Rice home at this time.

Would it be like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before the Fall?
I'm sure she'll be filing for divorce pretty quick, seeing that odds are that's the only reason she would let him punch her out, sit in front of cameras in a press conference apologizing for being a part of the problem and taking up for ole Ray Ray. When the meal ticket leaves so does she. Get yo popcone!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Not sure who the analyst is but a guy on ESPN just said that it is time for the NFL to do some "house cleaning" and start tightening up on a lot of stuff. That over the years they've gotten too tolerate of things that in normal jobs would get people immediately fired. I agree with him too. We as a society (and yes it's partly our fault) will go out of our way and sometimes go outside of just good ole fashion common sense to give a pro athlete the benefit of the doubt. The league has mirrored this same type attitude.

We should also see what speaking out can do to initiate change. The public out cry on this (which I didn't realize was this much) turned the heads of the NFL and they saw $$$'s. At the end of the day we the consumer still hold the power. We've just forgotten how much power we actually hold. I can guarantee if stadiums started being empty on game days the NFL would do a lot more "changing" as well.
Will the NFL Players Association go along with any of the needed changes? Probably not unless forced to by the Public.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm sure she'll be filing for divorce pretty quick, seeing that odds are that's the only reason she would let him punch her out, sit in front of cameras in a press conference apologizing for being a part of the problem and taking up for ole Ray Ray. When the meal ticket leaves so does she. Get yo popcone!!!

I bet she was stupid enough to sign a prenup too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Justin George of the Baltimore Sun tweeted the paper tried to get the elevator video in February but was given the below information from New Jersey prosecutors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.