The Ray Rice video

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
hope it's ok to post here. If not sorry mods

Wasn't sure where to put this but figured it would end up on Non-sports anyway. TMZ got their grubby hands on the video and it's nothing like we were led to believe. 2 games for knocking a woman out? Sorry Rice needs a harsher suspension.

I'd like to see the Ravens and Ozzie add to the suspension or cut him from the team. I'd want nothing to do with this guy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ased-baltimore-ravens-ray-rice-hitting-fiance

espn link not working for me now, here is the video

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Put the NFL's decision aside for a minute and think about the justice system. How did he not get charged?

@bomani_jones i’ve got as many questions for the district attorney as i do for roger goodell, though. you know, the office whose job is law and order.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Put the NFL's decision aside for a minute and think about the justice system. How did he not get charged?
I'm ignorant wrt how these things work, but does anyone know if she would need to press charges for him to get charged or can the DA do that on his own based on this video alone?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This makes the district attorney look even worse...

@RapSheet The @NFL requested from law enforcement all information about the incident, including the video. That video was not made available to them

@RapSheet The @NFL says “no one in our office had seen” the Ray Rice video until today. It’s my understanding the #Ravens had not seen it either.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
This makes the district attorney look even worse...

@RapSheet The @NFL requested from law enforcement all information about the incident, including the video. That video was not made available to them

@RapSheet The @NFL says “no one in our office had seen” the Ray Rice video until today. It’s my understanding the #Ravens had not seen it either.
I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning. They seemed to be under the impression that the commissioner HAD seen this video prior to the two-game slap on the wrist.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I heard this morning that this happened when she was his fiance.

And she married him anyway?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Why are people shocked by the video? Everybody knew this is what he did. Guess it just makes it seem worse or more real for some people..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning. They seemed to be under the impression that the commissioner HAD seen this video prior to the two-game slap on the wrist.
There were reports of the elevator video showing a different story than what many expected, which is why the NFL only gave a 2 game suspension. The NFL never said they saw the video. Sources told some of the NFL writers/reporters that information.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Then what was the point of saying Mike Vick served time for abusing dogs? Your original statement would only make sense if the Ray Rice episode was handled by the same law enforcement agencies and prosecutor.
The point was that we have no problem as a society going into freakin' meltdown and demanding he get prison time for abusing an animal, but a man beats another human and there's no where near the outrage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.