Pick the score: So. Miss. vs. Alabama

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Time to pick the score. Up this week is Southern Miss. I see where Miss. State beat them pretty good in the opener, and I expect us to not have many problems scoring some points. It will be great to get the defense more work in time for the Florida game the following week.

Bama wins 45-7

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Theyre 4-3 scheme. Similar to Florida, I believe. This could be good week to install more gameplans designed for this week and next week. I say we could be looking at 59-0. Kiffin is going to test both QBs in depth this week. Look for OJ howard to be invovled.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I agree that we're going to see a little bit more of the offense installed this week, for both Sims and Coker, as the QB evaluation continues. As a result, we'll likely jump out like we did against FAU and have an uncharacteristically high score for Bama against an over-matched opponent. I'd like to see us "experiment" a bit more with younger players at the linebacker and secondary positions, which could result in the Golden Eagles' anemic offense actually managing some points due to the mistakes of youth and inexperience. However, I'm still calling for the shutout. :)

Alabama - 52
Sou. Miss - 0

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The game is an opportunity for us to smooth out things in all phases. I think we will put on more of a hurting this game than the last. At least on the scoreboard. It would be hard to out do the yardage numbers against FAU.

52-7

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
51-0 Bama! 6 TDs and 3 embarrassing FGs. Bogging down in the Red Zone has become a Bama tradition. I am still upset that Bama did not score a TD on the last series against FAU. My prediction on that game was 48-0!

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Alabama 49
Southern Miss 9

Our backs run wild, but I still think the QB situation will be unsettled. Both seem to be making mistakes. Sims is more composed and Coker's arm threatens the entire field.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Ah, Southern Miss. The original "giant killer." My how times have changed. This used to annually be a tough game for Alabama that we usually won and embarrassingly lost a couple of times. So much has changed. It won't be close, and hopefully we just stay healthy and the QB situation becomes solidified.

BAMA - 45

USM - 7

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If we can't beat them worse that Miss St did then I'm not happy and that was 49-0.

Continuing the hope that we get better from week to week I'll go:

Bama 55 (7 TD's , 2 FG's) - USM 0

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.