Citadel guard says line 'going for knees' vs. Florida State

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
No matter how much is dislike F$U, we don't need this in football. The Citadel players that participated should be indefinitely suspended by the NCAA.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As much as I may hate The Barn or The Criminals. it's really disappointing to see a player say this, I hope the idiot is never allowed to play another college game ever again..

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
The coach's statement, "I have addressed the matter with Victor and he will be disciplined accordingly."

The cut blocks are legal in some situations, but I don't like them. Supposedly Citadel players were going high/low on FSU kids, which is illegal and dangerous, though the refs did not call it.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
too bad someone didn't get Winston's.
Too bad someone didn't get [the name of your quarterback]'s knee. Now what would you think? Intentionally attempting to injure another team's QB or other players on their team is an unforgiveable offense. Players that do this (as long as it's proved by video tape) should be banned from football for the entire year and put on some kind of blacklist so that no one forgets who they are.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I played when this was legal and it's not a pretty site to see this happen to a fellow teammate. Personally, I do not see this as something to brag about.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The blocking style described is legal. Taking any action with the intent to injure another player is not within the rules or spirit of college football. One of the few areas, in my opinion, where the ncaa has any jurisdiction or business. But should be their first order of business.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Too bad someone didn't get [the name of your quarterback]'s knee. Now what would you think? Intentionally attempting to injure another team's QB or other players on their team is an unforgiveable offense. Players that do this (as long as it's proved by video tape) should be banned from football for the entire year and put on some kind of blacklist so that no one forgets who they are.
I agree with your post but I still can never forgive ya'll for letting the barn beat you in 2010. LOL

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
The Coach's name is Houston and he previously coached at my alma mater Lenoir Rhyne (DII) who have ran the triple option to great success for several years. I am not sure if the player's comment regarding going for the knees means they were one-on-one blocking low as is typical and taught in the triple....or if he meant they were going high/low with two blockers which is obviously against the rules and very dangerous.
I believe it was the former which is legal, but he should have kept his mouth shut.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.