State Penn's bowl eligibility has been restored

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Penn State's bowl eligibility has been restored

I'm done with this conversation, as witch-hunters gonna hunt, but I am happy for Penn State, happy for their fans, and glad the NCAA did what it did.
To put the company comparisons into the appropriate context, it wouldn't be bribes or even a massive oil spill.

It would be something like this. Vice president of company goes around raping children. CEO and other prominent members of the company cover up for the rapist, and he continues raping children. I'll tell you how that story likely ends, with that company declaring bankruptcy, or paying out a truly staggering amount of money. I'm talking billions, not some puny 80 million dollar nonsense. They would lose a lot of business, who would want to take their advertising money? Who would want to be connected to that child rapist company? Who would want to deal with them? Some just don't seem to be able to put this into perspective.

It wasn't some little thing, it wasn't some minor violation of rules. It was a serial child rapist being allowed to continue because to expose and punish him wasn't seen as in the best interest of the football program. I can't even think of another comparison, because there's not enough despicable, vile human beings on the planet to allow things like this to occur for the sake of a game more than once in an eternity. The fact that this could even happen requires some massive collection of criminally disgusting filth and it's statistically amazing that Penn State managed to assemble them somehow. Of course, many of their fans and supporters seem to have a kinship with the utter lack of morality.

I to will leave this be after I put it like this. I would not just turn in, but testify against anyone I care about on this planet for doing these sorts of acts. If I ever found out that Alabama allowed anything of this nature to continue for the sake of the football program, I would be the first to demand the death penalty, for the very least two or three years, and I don't think I could bring myself to cheer for them until long after everyone involved was gone. It just wouldn't be the same, how could I enjoy watching a game, knowing that for the sake of that game children were harmed in such a horrible manner? We are talking about one of the most vile things a human being could do, and in turn one of the more trivial human activities (a game). I enjoy football a great deal, but it saddens me so much to know that people out there might be getting away with rape so a football team can get a few more wins...

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Now, I do believe there's some room to say ok, this was one rogue individual, acting without knowledge or any involvement of anyone else, but that was not the case with Penn State. This became an issue the instant Penn State acted in the interest of the football program instead of the interest of the children!
If the stories about the Sandusky Special are true, the situation was an open secret in Happy Valley to the point of being a joke.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

It was sickening the comments I read......a good portion of PSU fans I saw posting were now demanding the wins be restored and the statue put back up...it's like the crime never happened to them.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

This was a complete failure and crime committed by an institution. It's administrators, alumni, donors, coaches and even some players knew the molestation of children was going on and they 99%+ collectively decided to ignore and more importantly COVER-UP what went on for years. It is disgusting to hear any justification for removing the penalties that were imposed....They should have shut the entire athletic department down! To say the people that were involved are no longer there and don't punish the innocent is bogus...it was Penn State University that cared more about the sicko's more than the kids. And lastly, when it is confirmed there were x number of kids that were molested...you can easily multiply that by 5, 6, 10 who knows? Penn State University is the guilty party and the spineless NCAA has decided that they have cleaned up and paid their dues. Bull.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Don't punish the kids. Let them transfer without penalty and shut that cesspool in "Happy Valley" down for at least 4 years. Problem solved. Local shops going to suffer? Too bad for them. As previously pointed out by CA, good people often suffer when corporations commit crimes. That doesn't mean that we should not punish them when warranted.
This! The players were offered the chance to leave, some did but most stayed. I don't feel sorry for anyone who wishes to be associated with that program.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

well to be honest McCreary is no saint either, but no one brings it up he probably shouldve kicked the crap out of jerry when he saw what he saw and saved the kid, and he shouldve done the grown up thing and called the authorities and followed up until someone listened instead of asking his dad what to do and just telling joe pa.

I think that is the biggest injustice out of the whole thing is that he got away with the failure to report a hanius crime for all those years.

as for this sitaution im on the fence about the bowl ban but the scholarship reductions,the funds to anti pedophile charities, and the wins vacated should stay as was

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

well to be honest McCreary is no saint either, but no one brings it up he probably shouldve kicked the crap out of jerry when he saw what he saw and saved the kid, and he shouldve done the grown up thing and called the authorities and followed up until someone listened instead of asking his dad what to do and just telling joe pa.

I think that is the biggest injustice out of the whole thing is that he got away with the failure to report a hanius crime for all those years.

as for this sitaution im on the fence about the bowl ban but the scholarship reductions,the funds to anti pedophile charities, and the wins vacated should stay as was
McCreary belongs in jail too.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

It's about punishing the organization that allowed this to continue. Or at least was supposed to be.
There's other ways to punish the organization, which I agree should have been punished, than to sanction the current players on the team and pay for something they had nothing to do with.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

How many people went to jail? 1? I remember there being rumors about an entire pedophile ring based out of that charity. The proper thing would have been to seek out and incarcerate the people that actually did the molesting. And I still want to know what happened to the prosecutor who was killed and had the laptop go missing.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

It was sickening the comments I read......a good portion of PSU fans I saw posting were now demanding the wins be restored and the statue put back up...it's like the crime never happened to them.
first thing joepa's son was worried about...

"I am also hopeful and certain that at some time his victories will be restored," Scott Paterno said of Joe.
3:30 PM - 8 Sep 2014

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

the cultists rejoice...as i said, they learned nothing

how do thousands of kids who are barely older than the kids that were raped stand outside rejoicing this decision? because football is all they have and all they'll ever have

any guesses as to what they were chanting?

simple ... "409, 409, 409" ... all about joe's wins and not that he kept this silent for a decade to make sure he could get to 409 without his program being tarnished

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

There's other ways to punish the organization, which I agree should have been punished, than to sanction the current players on the team and pay for something they had nothing to do with.
You mean the players who chose to be a part of said team?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

It's always today's players that pay for yesterday's crimes. Upper classmen had the opportunity to transfer at no penalty. Current recruits commited knowing there were sanctions. The only thing this tells me is that the NCAA wants to make it crystal clear they are a joke of an organization.
Regardless of which way one feels about Penn St punishment it was clear in the beginning that NCAA was posturing PC. Now can anyone argue the PC point? Since the current President took control the NCAA = PC.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL

the cultists rejoice...as i said, they learned nothing

how do thousands of kids who are barely older than the kids that were raped stand outside rejoicing this decision? because football is all they have and all they'll ever have

any guesses as to what they were chanting?

simple ... "409, 409, 409" ... all about joe's wins and not that he kept this silent for a decade to make sure he could get to 409 without his program being tarnished

The psychofants in crappy valley are thrilled.We are ped state!:eek:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Tomorrow the pedifile will still be in prison and Joe Pa will still be dead and the victims will still be suffering and the world will still be turning carrying billions of sinners who will continue to make mistakes and screw things up for us non-sinners. I'm sure when these young people grow up they will ask themselves, "what was I thinking". Well, probably not. Not sure I would either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.