Poll: Which is the best Bama vs southern miss memory

Best UA/USM memory

• Total voters

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Can't recall the best, but the 2000 game in Legion Field when we were beaten 0-21 was the worst ever. We never came close to scoring and it was the only time I have seen the players booed by the fans as they exited the field. Bad night.

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Prothro. But I voted "other" for going out early to games watching Ray Guy warm up. I hope J.K. Scott has the same career success, certainly has the potential.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Funny, I thought the same as others, I don't have a best memory but do have a worst. It was the 13-13 tie in Birmingham the year before the loss in Tuscaloosa; Reggie Collier still. USM was going for the win or loss when Bama called timeout with 8 or so seconds left in the game. USM lined up and kicked a field goal for the tie.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Can't recall the best, but the 2000 game in Legion Field when we were beaten 0-21 was the worst ever. We never came close to scoring and it was the only time I have seen the players booed by the fans as they exited the field. Bad night.
I have always said that was the lowest point of Alabama football in thr modern era. I distinctly remember the center snapping the ball and the QB was not even back there to take the snap...

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Yes, that was a low point of the Dumbose error. I remember Dumbose offering to resign after the game and Mal refusing to accept his resignation. It set up the comedy of the remaining half of that season, with Dumbose finding God and trying to rally the troops with scripture quotes. The season ended with that horrible Iron Bowl in the sleet in Auburn, which Auburn won handily.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.