Poll: Which is the best Bama vs southern miss memory

Best UA/USM memory

• Total voters

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Bama 0 USM 21 in a steady , horrendous downpour in legion field .the rain started in the fourth quarter and rained the entire quarter. It is the best memory to me because it is the last game I watched in Legion field with my dad.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Bama 0 USM 21 in a steady , horrendous downpour in legion field .the rain started in the fourth quarter and rained the entire quarter. It is the best memory to me because it is the last game I watched in Legion field with my dad.
I was there, with a good friend, who was a USM fan. They kicked our butt beyond belief.
We didn't really even think about scoring.
I don't really have a "good" USM memory.
In my lifetime, they've been a pain in the butt, and I still think Reggie Collier was the reason for Coach Bryant's retirement when he absolutely dominated us in in 38-29 win for USM, in Bryant Denny--1982.
I remember watching his show in 1982, when Coach Bryant said, "If USM can come to Tuscaloosa, and beat us, then it's time for someone else to run the program".
He didn't last long after that...
sip

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I've put up a newer, somewhat clearer version of the Prothro catch. Gimme some You Tube hits.

Incidentally, the night we lost in 2000 (September 16, 2000) was the same night Saban's LSU team lost to UAB.

I knew the year was a goner that night. That 21-0 USM beating us was not all that different from us beating LSU 21-0 when we won the title as far as dominating us and it "feeling" like we were down 51-0.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Can't recall the best, but the 2000 game in Legion Field when we were beaten 0-21 was the worst ever. We never came close to scoring and it was the only time I have seen the players booed by the fans as they exited the field. Bad night.
That was a long drive home.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.