Tennessee vs Oklahoma, who do you like?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm wondering how people feel about this game. I'm sure everybody favors Oklahoma's chances against Tennessee, but what I'm trying to ask is who would you prefer to see win?

I never thought I could pull for the Viles. Period. I'm not sure I can, but I'm starting to wonder.

Now that the Oklahoma coach has morphed from Big Game Bob into Big Mouth Bob, I'm finding it harder to pull for his team. Them beating us recently doesn't help.

I'm not a blanket fan of every SEC team, but I find that with all the recent discussion about conference strengths and getting in the playoffs, I'm starting to be more of an SEC homer. But still it's the Viles, Fulmer's darling team.

Anybody else have any thoughts? I'm one of these people who can't just watch a game to see what happens, I always have to pick a side to pull for. But I'm stumped on this one.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I prefer the Vomiteers over OU because I am a conference guy first. Unfortunately, the Sooners are going to burst their bubble pretty quickly. I expect a mudstomp.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't have the history of hate for TN like some. So I don't mind saying that I am rooting for them this weekend.

The OU Fans have been running their mouths since Jan...and OU gets under my skin. I hope they lose.....but I don't see how TN wins this. They are too young.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Like neither one. Who will win? OK. I would rather Tn. win because that helps our schedule. What ever makes us look the best I am all for that. Tn. has about a 5% chance of winning that game.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Hoping for a stampede of wild cattle to come through Norman and wipe out both teams.

Failing that, I agree with those that say it is likely to get ugly for Tennessee. Butch is improving them, but Tennessee's lines started off weak and have already lost one starter. Their QB play has been surprisingly good, but their O-line may get him killed. My guess is that they will hold up for a good quarter, maybe a half, and then it will get ugly. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but given the personnel, I just don't see it.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
A Trip to Knoxville for a Bama game will change your perspective
I don't have the history of hate for TN like some. So I don't mind saying that I am rooting for them this weekend.

The OU Fans have been running their mouths since Jan...and OU gets under my skin. I hope they lose.....but I don't see how TN wins this. They are too young.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
We owe them Okies big time payback! Also I am really against everyone that has a chance to make the top four. Lastly, every time they mention the Sooners on TV I have to hear how they beat Bama last year......over and over and over again.....(just like we will never hear the end of what happened in the iron bowl last year.) Since they can't both lose I hope the Viles win by a point and maybe a sprained ankle or two.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
you know I am stuck listening to the Finebaum Show where i work and I am getting tired of the "We beat Utah State so now we are going to kick Bama's butt back to the Stone Age" confidence. So Im..... no I just cant say Im pulling for Bob Poops his Pants or the Vomiteers in any scenario you put out there but the more cocky Tennessee fans coming out of the woodworks makes me start taking the stance I took from 93 to 11 when I hope they lose every game except against Auburn.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Let me be clear: I hate Tennessee and rooting for them to beat OK won't change that. I don't have a problem pulling for UT in this game because, it would be great to see Big Bob shut up if only for a few hours. Also, I can pull for UT here because I know that no matter what they will never beat us and even worse, they will always wear that prison orange and be ...... Tennessee.

:BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

B

BroadwayJoe777

The Tennessee "hype machine" will be in the dust come Saturday.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Let me be clear: I hate Tennessee and rooting for them to beat OK won't change that. I don't have a problem pulling for UT in this game because, it would be great to see Big Bob shut up if only for a few hours. Also, I can pull for UT here because I know that no matter what they will never beat us and even worse, they will always wear that prison orange and be ...... Tennessee.

:BigA: :BigA: :BigA:
I understand what you are saying, you make a very good point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.