June Jones Resigns as SMU Coach

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I nearly fell out of my chair when I first saw this thread. I misread it at first and thought that it said Julio Jones retired. That made me do a double take. Lol

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Kinda early, ain't it?
I guess they wanted to get the jump on the coaching carousel.
Would Petrino be interested?
I hear Chizik is available...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wow, two games into the season?

Whatever his personal issues are he needs to address, hope he's able to work them out. Sucks for the team, though.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm not sure if he was fired or not. ESPN reported that he resigned because of personal reasons. If he was fired after two games, that's pretty harsh.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..They walk on egg shells within that football program as it already is & to have this happen can dang near shut their football program back down..
Wow, two games into the season?

Whatever his personal issues are he needs to address, hope he's able to work them out. Sucks for the team, though.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Losing 88 to 6 in the first two games of the year will do that. Especially when one of them is a 43 to 6 skull dragging from the North Texas Mean Green.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't know, something major must have happened in his personal life. He was making waves at SMU the first couple of years he was there. I thought he was going to put them back on the map. I guess we will find out details eventually.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I don't know, something major must have happened in his personal life. He was making waves at SMU the first couple of years he was there. I thought he was going to put them back on the map. I guess we will find out details eventually.
Hey, we're rough on coach's/manager's personal lives. First, Ron Washington, now June Jones.

Too bad it wasn't Jerruh Jones.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Changes to the Texas football landscape have clearly dealt SMU a bummer hand of cards. TCU has clearly moved into a class above the SMUs of the world (and even had done so before joining the Big 12), and Baylor has suddenly become a hot program and is now relevant in the Big 12 after many years as a doormat. Texas A&M joining the SEC has only opened the floodgates of the state further to SEC recruiters, from the elite schools to the lower-rung teams. And the Big East that SMU hoped to join looks a lot more like the Conference USA it departed from.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.