trent richardson pro rush information please

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
trents first year with Cleveland I am thinking he gained over 1000 yards rushing his first year, he does not to be doing well at the colts, could it be the off line? please inform me of his yardage at Cleveland

thank you

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
To answer the question of the OP. It's a combination of things. The Colts offensive line is built to pass block and not run block, and they don't even do that successfully. the amount of runs in the play book are limited, and he shares them 50/50 with Ahmad Bradshaw. The run designs are repetitive and unimaginative. Plus the Colts don't want to scheme for a player that will take anything away from the golden boy in Andrew Luck.

I love my colts, and almost as much as I love Bama. However, I am infuriated by how poorly the coaching staff uses Trent, and I honestly wish we would just let him go somewhere where he can be successful. Trading a first round pick for him was an atrocious move because we don't use a RB enough to justify losing a 1st Rd pick. I loved it at the time, but the farther we get from it the more I realize how terrible of a move it was.

B

BroadwayJoe777

In week one, Trent had 6 carries for 20 yards and 3 catches for 31 yards.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
To answer the question of the OP. It's a combination of things. The Colts offensive line is built to pass block and not run block, and they don't even do that successfully. the amount of runs in the play book are limited, and he shares them 50/50 with Ahmad Bradshaw. The run designs are repetitive and unimaginative. Plus the Colts don't want to scheme for a player that will take anything away from the golden boy in Andrew Luck.

I love my colts, and almost as much as I love Bama. However, I am infuriated by how poorly the coaching staff uses Trent, and I honestly wish we would just let him go somewhere where he can be successful. Trading a first round pick for him was an atrocious move because we don't use a RB enough to justify losing a 1st Rd pick. I loved it at the time, but the farther we get from it the more I realize how terrible of a move it was.
If they do not do something about their OL.... Andrew Luck might get hurt. Bradshaw didn't do that much better. Do they have the same OL coach?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The Colts brought their OL coach in back in 2013. It's not really a coaching issue though, nor is it really a scheme thing. We are built to have a pass blocking OL, and we have since the days of Manning. This OL just isn't very talented. They are a group of 3rd and 4th rounders when we should be drafting 1st rounders. We honestly have a bargain bin OL, and the proof of that is that our center AQ Shipley wasn't even on the roster in the preseason. He was cut by a team a couple of weeks ago, and is now starting.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.