Link: Another potentially bad tipper by a celebrity/pro athlete.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Seriously, why do people care? So he's a bad tipper, big deal. Live your own life and let him live his. If only people would get this worked up over some of the real issues in the world instead of wasting their time on these pathetic FB rants. The owner is getting the 15 minutes of fame that he wanted, time to move on to the next FB travesty.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Seriously, why do people care? So he's a bad tipper, big deal. Live your own life and let him live his. If only people would get this worked up over some of the real issues in the world instead of wasting their time on these pathetic FB rants. The owner is getting the 15 minutes of fame that he wanted, time to move on to the next FB travesty.
I might tend to agree with you, but if McCoy and his group were rude and abusive as the owner claims, they'll get no symapthy from me.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
From what I've heard it was possible he had a very bad experience there and was mad. I don't tip at all if my service sucks.

You never know who is telling the truth in situations like this.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Between us, my wife and I had all six kids work in the food trades. I've heard all of the horror stories and this one from Philly has the ring of truth. At one time, my daughter was the receptionist at a local Olive Garden. I was in for lunch with a friend and I paid with my debit card and left a cash tip, as I do frequently, particularly at places where I have some doubt as to whether the server will really get the tip, if it's up to mgt. (Some more horror stories there.) After we left, my daughter told me that the server came up and complained that I'd just stiffed her. My daughter replied that I was her dad and she'd never seen me stiff a server in her life. They started watching - and filming - the busser. Yep, he was raking off and pocketing the cash tips. They fired him and there was talk of prosecution for theft. If he didn't get put in the slammer then, I'm sure eventually that's where he ended up...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Between us, my wife and I had all six kids work in the food trades. I've heard all of the horror stories and this one from Philly has the ring of truth. At one time, my daughter was the receptionist at a local Olive Garden. I was in for lunch with a friend and I paid with my debit card and left a cash tip, as I do frequently, particularly at places where I have some doubt as to whether the server will really get the tip, if it's up to mgt. (Some more horror stories there.) After we left, my daughter told me that the server came up and complained that I'd just stiffed her. My daughter replied that I was her dad and she'd never seen me stiff a server in her life. They started watching - and filming - the busser. Yep, he was raking off and pocketing the cash tips. They fired him and there was talk of prosecution for theft. If he didn't get put in the slammer then, I'm sure eventually that's where he ended up...
For those who don't know, some establishments - some which would surprise you - withhold from tips for supplies, breakage, etc. That's the reason I got into the habit leaving cash tips in the first place...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
For those who don't know, some establishments - some which would surprise you - withhold from tips for supplies, breakage, etc. That's the reason I got into the habit leaving cash tips in the first place...
Good scoop. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We do strictly cash tips now and I personally go give it to the server. I'm too afraid if I leave it on the table someone else will pick it up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good scoop. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip :)
Also, it leaves your server in control of the out-tipping to the bussers, kitchen, etc., not the manager. And Buzz is correct. Since the Olive Garden deal, I put the tip in the hand of the server. You'll find they're never too busy to come to your table to get it... ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.