2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: 2014-2015 Coaching Carosel

USCe and TAMU seem to think they have Muschamp. Since USCe has no OC, they have an open spot to "reorganize" as CSS said this afternoon.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Michigan: According to Michigan’s Scout site, Brady Hoke will meet with athletic director Jim Hackett on Tuesday, and a decision on his future will be delivered at that time.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC

Dude, Lincoln, NE over Dallas?

I've been to Lincoln, and it ain't no Dallas:)
No coach in their right mind would take SMU over Nebraska. I don't care if Nebraska might have been on the table for Morris. Clemson OC job > SMU head coach job. Dude messed up.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.

No coach in their right mind would take SMU over Nebraska. I don't care if Nebraska might have been on the table for Morris. Clemson OC job > SMU head coach job. Dude messed up.
Well that might be true, however where some of these campuses are located I believe has a part to play.

We talk about it all the time when we hear that so and so doesn't like South Florida, Tuscaloosa, etc....

To ignore where a coach moves his family to continue his career is dumb and probably just as important as it is to one of us, no matter how much WE believe he would be an idiot to take one job over the other.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Well that might be true, however where some of these campuses are located I believe has a part to play.

We talk about it all the time when we hear that so and so doesn't like South Florida, Tuscaloosa, etc....

To ignore where a coach moves his family to continue his career is dumb and probably just as important as it is to one of us, no matter how much WE believe he would be an idiot to take one job over the other.
Coaching is just another job. I think if we apply the same logic to ourselves when we start considering job offers and the movements they entail, it becomes so much clearer as to why some coaches decide to stay or move on to 'greener pastures'.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC

Coaching is just another job. I think if we apply the same logic to ourselves when we start considering job offers and the movements they entail, it becomes so much clearer as to why some coaches decide to stay or move on to 'greener pastures'.
I can see to some extent where location may play a part, but major college football coaching is not just another job. There are far fewer openings and opportunities for these jobs than there are for an accountant, engineer, police officer, doctor, plumber, mechanic, etc... Cocahes move all the time, especially as they climb the ranks. Sometimes that move takes them to places they're rather not be. They know this is how it is going into it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Nebraska: Per source, former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano and Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain are in the mix at Nebraska.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

Heard this from a Booster I know from Springfield. Missouri. He told me Schiano is the guy most want. But McElwain was being spoke about extensively the last 2 days. But most think he is going to Florida. He told me he was pushing for McElwain. I told him I did not blame him. And last Mack Brown name came up. HMMMMMMMM

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

Schiano stunk it up in the NFL, but he was a pretty darned good college coach. CNS and Spurrier didn't exactly set the world on fire in the NFL, either. Sometimes you just need to find where you fit.
If you take out his best season (2006), most of us wouldn't even know who he is. He did bring Rutgers back up from the depths, but even including that best season, he's basically a .500 coach with no conference championships.
Is he horrible? no. Should he get the Nebraska job? Not based on that record. He's basically Turner Gill with more years of experience - he did a good job by being average at a below average program but he's given no indications of being ready to take a major program who expects championships.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If you take out his best season (2006), most of us wouldn't even know who he is. He did bring Rutgers back up from the depths, but even including that best season, he's basically a .500 coach with no conference championships.
Is he horrible? no. Should he get the Nebraska job? Not based on that record. He's basically Turner Gill with more years of experience - he did a good job by being average at a below average program but he's given no indications of being ready to take a major program who expects championships.
Not to mention his only good year at Rutgers came with Ray Rice at RB. I'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.