2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Samford: UAB head coach Bill Clark could emerge as a candidate at Samford, which is also located in Birmingham.
UNLV: June Jones tells The Las Vegas Review-Journal he has expressed interest in the UNLV job.
Florida: According to ESPN and Yahoo Sports, athletic director Jeremy Foley will meet with Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain today. McElwain is believed to be Florida’s leading candidate.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
If he gets an offer he's the next HC at lizardland, IMO; no way he turns it down (although he is a WC guy, so maybe he's holding out for UCLA or something). And the East should get a little nervous. Maybe not next year, but it won't be long if JMac is the HC.
Coach Mac is going to be coaching a big time program before long. He's just too good of a coach not to get that opportunity. Hope it works out for him and his family.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I wouldn't be too concerned. Any coach who would choose Michigan or Nebraska over the Gators job is too stupid for you to hire anyway.
I was about to post something similar. Florida is far and away the better job. Although some coaches would rather be at Ohio State.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I will be interested to see if any schools make a run at the "Gus Bus". Rumors were swirling about that Michigan boosters are interested in Gus, and would be willing to unload the $$$$$ to get him. It's about as reliable as most internet rumors, but you never know. I would think it more likely that they make another attempt at Les. He is a Michigan man, and would have built in recruiting ties to the South much like Meyer. He could dip down into TX, LA, AL, MS, FL, and GA and grab a few top notch recruits.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Miami (FL): According to the Associated Press, Miami athletic director Blake James says, “Al Golden is our coach and will continue to be our coach.”

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have updated the list for the latest hires along with the UAB situation. I listed Samford, even though they are FCS. They are a local team and I'd imagine we have a few Samford alums on here and I think there is a good chance Clark gets that job.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
I wouldn't be too concerned. Any coach who would choose Michigan or Nebraska over the Gators job is too stupid for you to hire anyway.
That might depend on how afraid they are of playing against strong competition week after week instead of once or twice a year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Keep that in mind.. Colorado president has to be there to work on buyout agreement... He's not at the house right now. The moment you hear about Colorado President within tonight or in the morning... IT's done deal. OH, let's not forget.. IT was Coach Mac that recommended Nuss to Saban.... and now Nuss is out of the job, Expect Nuss to follow him to Florida....
Foley is at his house right now. I think the job is clearly his.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I could see Lane Kiffin becoming the new head coach at Colorado State if Coach Mac goes to Florida.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.