2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
BREAKING NEWS! This just in...based on all the current HC openings along with the perceived amount of continued interest in Sumlin, aTm announced today that Sumlin's contract has been revised to increase his annual salary to $6 million. gig 'em

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Michigan Fans Thankful Program No Longer Relevant Enough To Be Humiliated On National Stage

Honestly, I’m just glad we’re so much of an afterthought that we’re at least free to disgrace ourselves in relative obscurity.” Reached for comment, members of the Michigan athletic department told reporters they are equally thankful the program’s fall from prominence has drastically lessened the pressure to get the next coaching hire right.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/michigan-fans-thankful-program-no-longer-relevant,37579/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default&recirc=fantasy-football

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Bovada releases its odds for the next Michigan coach...
Can't see any of those guys ending up in Ann Arbor, really.

Probably worth noting that Bovada's top odds for the Florida job was Mike Gundy. McElwain, who will apparently get the job, came in second, but he was the only one of the seven candidates with the highest odds who was even considered. I would say that's more for amusement purposes than real insight.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Funny Arkansas coach and Dan Mullen... is being mentioned for Nebreska job... but Scott Frost is rumored to be their next coach and could be named the coach after Oregon's game this weekend...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is it wishful thinking that many posters are saying Kiffin will be gone or is it you really think he is going to take a small head coaching gig? If its wishful thinking then consider our offensive success is one of the best in the Saban era, and his offense is by far our best weapon against video game like games. Also consider that he has an image to redefine, and what better way than being quite and destroying defenses for a few years. I think if we are to lose a coordinator we lose Kirby. Especially if UGA opens up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think If Kirby leaves.. we get Kevin Steele as DC or someone else...
Kiffin is not leaving.. his name has not been tied to any of the job openings.. and I don't think Folks are sold on him just yet... but if he can make Coker looks good again with different players.. he's gone.. Schools will go after him.

Is it wishful thinking that many posters are saying Kiffin will be gone or is it you really think he is going to take a small head coaching gig? If its wishful thinking then consider our offensive success is one of the best in the Saban era, and his offense is by far our best weapon against video game like games. Also consider that he has an image to redefine, and what better way than being quite and destroying defenses for a few years. I think if we are to lose a coordinator we lose Kirby. Especially if UGA opens up.

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
I think If Kirby leaves.. we get Kevin Steele as DC or someone else...
Kiffin is not leaving.. his name has not been tied to any of the job openings.. and I don't think Folks are sold on him just yet... but if he can make Coker looks good again with different players.. he's gone.. Schools will go after him.
Yea didn't someone mention that Saban pretty much requires assistants to stay on at least 2 years when he hires them? I think Kiffin knows that if he stays one more season and has this same success he will be back in line for a major program opening.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
How is Saban going to make someone stay more than a year? He did not require himself to abide by that rule at Toledo.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It creates stability for the recuits, and giving players a sense of " family" and it has pretty much worked out well for the assistant coaches in a sense.. We replace OC every two years... Kiffin got one more year before he moves on. It's in every contract that Saban present to all coaches who joins the staff.
How is Saban going to make someone stay more than a year? He did not require himself to abide by that rule at Toledo.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm not sure how he does it, but I know how I would. How do you make a painter finish the job? Half the money is paid after the paint dries. I would try to put an enticing loyalty bonus at the end of the second year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The funny thing is.. it's just now getting started... I'm not sure what's taking so long for Mich to " interview" folks.. I'm waiting on them to announce Les Miles hiring.. because that LSU position will open up.. and things will start get interesting...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The funny thing is.. it's just now getting started... I'm not sure what's taking so long for Mich to " interview" folks.. I'm waiting on them to announce Les Miles hiring.. because that LSU position will open up.. and things will start get interesting...
Who might LSU go after if Les left? Maybe go back to the Okie St. well and hire Gundy? Things would get a lot less entertaining without the mad hatter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.