2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Texas A&M: According to The Advocate in Baton Rouge, Texas A&M has reached out to LSU defensive coordinator / linebackers coach John Chavis about its defensive coordinator opening. Chavis reportedly has been offered a new contract with an extension at LSU, but it has not been signed. Chavis’ current deal ends in December 2015.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Atlanta Falcons: Head coach Mike Smith is not expected to return. CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reports the Falcons are doing their due diligence on Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Atlanta Falcons: Head coach Mike Smith is not expected to return. CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reports the Falcons are doing their due diligence on Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.
The Falcons may make the playoffs so this will probably have to wait, but they can go ahead and fire Dimitroff

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
Jim Harbaugh's departure from the 49ers has been such a rumored fait accompli for so many weeks that it's tough to remember that, in fact, it hasn't already happened and that Harbaugh is still the coach of the San Francisco 49ers. But according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, you can now measure Harbaugh's tenure on your fingers.
Glazer has reported that the 49ers will cut Harbaugh loose within 24 to 48 hours after San Francisco's season ends. And since the 49ers aren't making the playoffs, that end will come next Sunday at home against Arizona.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ays-right-after-season--report-040943089.html

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Denver Post reporting Mike Bobo will get the Colorado State job. Pat Forde's sources say it's not a done deal...

@YahooForde Y sources: Mike Bobo to CSU not done; one of four candidates in mix there. Not among them: Pat Narduzzi, who could be headed to Pitt.

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
Denver Post reporting Mike Bobo will get the Colorado State job. Pat Forde's sources say it's not a done deal...

@YahooForde Y sources: Mike Bobo to CSU not done; one of four candidates in mix there. Not among them: Pat Narduzzi, who could be headed to Pitt.
Would be great news for the Buckeyes, as CSU was also interviewing our defensive coordinator Chris Ash, who has completely revitalized the defense after last year's atrocity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sports Illustrated reporting Pitt is working on a contract to name Michigan State DC Patt Narduzzi its next head coach.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I'm not sure what to think of the Doug Nussmeier hire, if true. I didn't think he left on good terms with Saban and I've read where Saban criticized him for wanting to run the ball too much when there were passing opportunities. We don't want a flashy offense, but I know Florida fans won't be happy with 3 yards and a cloud of dust either.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm not sure what to think of the Doug Nussmeier hire, if true. I didn't think he left on good terms with Saban and I've read where Saban criticized him for wanting to run the ball too much when there were passing opportunities. We don't want a flashy offense, but I know Florida fans won't be happy with 3 yards and a cloud of dust either.
From what i know, which isn't QUITE as much as some, the parting of ways with CDM and our staff was one of...mutual acceptance. By mutual I mean, he was suggested to take other opportunities. So I will assume CJM will have a very rigid plan he wants to instill, and Nuss will have to follow along with that a bit.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I've read where Saban criticized him for wanting to run the ball too much when there were passing opportunities. We don't want a flashy offense, but I know Florida fans won't be happy with 3 yards and a cloud of dust either.
That wasn't the issue at all and it had nothing to do with him wanting to run too much.

The problem was that his calls sometimes became very predictable and that he would often call several low percentage plays in succession. He had just as much of a problem with throwing every down when the running game was much much open.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
That wasn't the issue at all and it had nothing to do with him wanting to run too much.

The problem was that his calls sometimes became very predictable and that he would often call several low percentage plays in succession. He had just as much of a problem with throwing every down when the running game was much much open.
We just went through 4 years of that! Not very comforting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Today is Black Monday in the NFL...

Chicago Bears fire Marc Trestman
Atlanta Falcons fire Mike Smith
New York Jets fire Rex Ryan
San Francisco 49ers "part ways" with Jim Harbaugh

Oakland Raiders fired Dennis Allen in September.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Today is Black Monday in the NFL...

Chicago Bears fire Marc Trestman
Atlanta Falcons fire Mike Smith
New York Jets fire Rex Ryan
San Francisco 49ers "part ways" with Jim Harbaugh

Oakland Raiders fired Dennis Allen in September.
Billionaires firing millionaires. Only the assistant coaches get hurt this time of the year.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.