Best Jersey Number In Alabama History?

TD4Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 21, 2004
OK here is the question, what is the best Alabama jersey number in history? No ties, it can only be one jersey and of course why that number?

For me it would have to be number 55 for Derrick Thomas. He was a great player and person, everything that Alabama Football is all about.

What say you?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Just to be different I'll go with #22................Johnny Musso (my main reason for choosing this one), Touchdown Tony Nathan, DJ Hall, Mark Ingram, Christion Jones.

Last edited:

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
32 for me. It's my favorite number and one of my favorite players, CJ Mosley, happened to wear it. Rashaan Evans happens to wear it now, and I'm hoping he turns out as great as CJ.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
OK here is the question, what is the best Alabama jersey number in history? No ties, it can only be one jersey and of course why that number?

For me it would have to be number 55 for Derrick Thomas. He was a great player and person, everything that Alabama Football is all about.

What say you?
Bryant had a linebacker who wore 54 here and 55 in the pros that seemed to Excel at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Going with #12..Namath, Stabler, Croyle, McElroy and Paul Bryant. Legend has it Coach Bryant allowed certain players to wear #12 as a reward. IDK if that's true or not.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I can't narrow it down beyond 5...just my 2, er, 5 cents :)

73 - Greatest O-Lineman ever
54 - 31 tackles in 1 game....let that soak in for a moment...
55 - Sack Monster...enough said
97 - I believe he is still the highest drafted Bama defender in history.
12 - Bryant/Namath/Stabler

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Has to be 12. For so long it was THE definitive number for Bama. I know we're sporting 15 on all our helmet displays now, but "12" is just too synonymous with the program for all the obvious reasons: the QBs, ​Bryant, # of championships until recently, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.