Question: How long before Evans is seeing major playing time?

CharlestonTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 14, 2010
Situational player at first. But you could see him play more in Texas A and M and Auburn games... Dude is a beast coming off the edge.. and for their QBs... Definitely going to increase his reps little by litlte each week.
Nope. He'll be 280 and a DE by then. Seriously, would love to see them let some of these young guys go. Sacrifice some technique and paid dues for some reckless abandon.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He's a true freshman with awesome ability, but, my goodness, there's no hurry! He has some stuff to learn!
Do we really need him to be a Freshman All-American this year in order for us to be great??
Sip

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Nope. He'll be 280 and a DE by then. Seriously, would love to see them let some of these young guys go. Sacrifice some technique and paid dues for some reckless abandon.
reckless abandon is what gets you beat, especially against some of these new offenses. They're designed to exploit just one guy not taking care of his responsibility. That exposes a seam or a weakness and it's a big play. We saw that week one when we had foster not knowing exactly where to be in his pass drops and WVU ate it up. I think the coaches will find some ways to just let him go a little bit, like we saw last week. There just aren't a lot of those situations yet.

CharlestonTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 14, 2010
reckless abandon is what gets you beat, especially against some of these new offenses. They're designed to exploit just one guy not taking care of his responsibility. That exposes a seam or a weakness and it's a big play. We saw that week one when we had foster not knowing exactly where to be in his pass drops and WVU ate it up. I think the coaches will find some ways to just let him go a little bit, like we saw last week. There just aren't a lot of those situations yet.
foster was not playing a role last year and we were exposed. my point is we need a ...... or two to cause some disruption on the edges. we are too predictable on defense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He's a true freshman with awesome ability, but, my goodness, there's no hurry! He has some stuff to learn!
Do we really need him to be a Freshman All-American this year in order for us to be great??
Sip
If he's better than the older guys, yeah he needs to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
foster was not playing a role last year and we were exposed. my point is we need a ...... or two to cause some disruption on the edges. we are too predictable on defense.
I'm confused - what does last year have to do with Foster against WVA?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Right now, he needs to get his feet wet.. play here and there throughout the season. The next four games will be a good way to determine how our defense will play. I would expect the coach to try and play our players as much as we can to get them " conditioned" for texas A and m. The next three games will be a good small sample test of see where our defense is against offense. If we can handle those people, we'll be okay with texas a and m. Only thing we have to remember with Evans and William, we should be lot better handling Texas A and M. They dont have Mike Evans or Johnny $$$ So, we should be able to go back to what we do best against them and force Kenny to make lot of mistakes. They will score, but it won't be a close game.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I like watching him play and think he will be a great one before it is over. That being said, is anyone else amazed at the type of pressure that Stanford gets up front with their 4 down lineman. No matter if it's USC running base sets or Oregon spreading the entire field, they get pressure on the qb all night long.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.