"Hey White People" - from the kids of Ferguson

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
As previous posters have said, a better center point figure would help the cause. The response I've heard is "what he did before he was shot doesn't matter. He was still unarmed!" What a bunch of malarky. What he did before and during the incident makes all the difference.

I also think the snarky approach does nothing to help race relations. If you want to approach someone in a spirit of reconciliation and friendship you don't ridicule them for every little thing. Perhaps more statistics or related experiences/examples of what it's like "to be black in America" would have been a better approach. Who am I to say anything? A white person who wants to help end racism. I'm not getting behind any effort like this, though, because it does just the opposite, IMHO.

Problem is that some in the "movement" don't want to find common ground in the same way Rev. King attempted to find allies and common ground. They aren't satisfied when a white person sees a wrong done by police against a white person and it opens their eyes. Had one tell me they didn't want allies for which it took white people dying to make them see a problem. I don't know what the hell she wants, but she made clear what she didn't want. Common ground. Not enough. Same goal? Not enough. Don't know what is enough for people like her who don't want allies or common ground. What's left? Very frustrating. Have considered giving up on her a few times, but for some stupid reason remain hopeful that an educated black woman from a small town in Alabama can get over her own prejudices and bigotries (which she justifies and shrouds in/by other people's actions) in the process so some real healing can actually take place. Sorry, today is apparently my day to vent because I've done it a lot.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If he punched the cop in the face then wrestled with him to get his gun. Him not getting shot would be what would have shocked me. Not him getting shot. I can gauran-dang-tee you if I walked up to a cop and punched him in the face and attempted to get his gun then took off running I would fully expect to get shot at. I truly would.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Apologies.
Two points.
First, I thought you were questioning whether the cop had been assaulted by the perp.
Second, and this is much more important: where did the fracture story come from? Did CNN break that? Who released the "biker broken face" x-ray to the "journalist" as an x-ray of the cop's broken face? And why did the journalist or his/her network not verify before going public with it? (Not directed at you personally, just to the state of journalism in this country. It seems journalists are much more interested in being first than being honest.)
No worries. I haven't heard any news outlets in weeks claiming that the cop didn't take a beating. I think that's well-established and not being claimed by anybody even half-way credible. I have no idea where the biker's picture came from or who broke that "story". I've seen it on a number of "news" websites and all over social media. I'd like to know where it originated, too. Especially if it came from someplace other than a lone idiot trying to stir things up.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
it should Racism is still a really serious problem in this country
Until you can medically remove that part of the brain - not sure this video OR any other politically-inspired video will.......

But, I'm open to a solution - you got one?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't care what other races think about whites in general. For the record though, I'm not "whites in general". I'm not like any other white person you've ever met in your entire life. I'm me.
When I was young, and my parents brought my oldest brother and me down from Illinois to spend the summer with my uncle on his farm in Oneonta AL, we (my oldest brother and I) learned lots of things about The South. One thing we learned is that with few exceptions, blacks as a rule are not only racist, they are violently so. They will mob-attack white people just because they are white and will do whatever they can to cause as much personal harm as possible.

That said, let me be perfectly clear. I don't give a tinker's care what folks in Ferguson MO think, say or do. I care only what i and other people here in my neck of the woods in Alabama think, say and do.
Those folks up there can do their thing and take care of themselves. I do my thing and take care of me.
Keep your stuff up there and we won't have a problem. Bring it down here and you're gonna have a big problem- me.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Someone should make a video of all the mob attack and knockout game victims to record a special message to blacks.... oh wait..... that would be racist.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't care what other races think about whites in general. For the record though, I'm not "whites in general". I'm not like any other white person you've ever met in your entire life. I'm me.
When I was young, and my parents brought my oldest brother and me down from Illinois to spend the summer with my uncle on his farm in Oneonta AL, we (my oldest brother and I) learned lots of things about The South. One thing we learned is that with few exceptions, blacks as a rule are not only racist, they are violently so. They will mob-attack white people just because they are white and will do whatever they can to cause as much personal harm as possible.

That said, let me be perfectly clear. I don't give a tinker's care what folks in Ferguson MO think, say or do. I care only what i and other people here in my neck of the woods in Alabama think, say and do.
Those folks up there can do their thing and take care of themselves. I do my thing and take care of me.
Keep your stuff up there and we won't have a problem. Bring it down here and you're gonna have a big problem- me.
yeah, you know now that I think about it I get mob attacked every time I am around around a lot of black people. After 30 years in Atlanta you'd think I'd know better by now thanks for pointing it out!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
IMHO.....racism will always exist.

Stuff like this only makes things worse, IMHO.

Paging Bill Cosby.....
yeah how dare they point out the massive disparity in stop and frisk searches and blatant discrimination in resume reviews, that will make it worse.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I didn't say it was going to, how does it make anything worse? (you claimed that in case you don't recall)
In case I don't recall?

It's only 2 posts up.

How could I not recall something I just posted? ;)

IMHO, that video makes a connection to Ferguson and thus a connection to the kid that was shot - who was a law breaker and little thug - and that is not how you want blacks to be represented - that actually hurts the cause.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
yeah how dare they point out the massive disparity in stop and frisk searches and blatant discrimination in resume reviews, that will make it worse.
Before I'm willing to accept the veracity of the conclusions made from those studies, I have serious questions about the methodology.

Just like the 'women make $.80 for every $1 a man makes, for the same job' studies, they fall apart under scrutiny, but it never stops the mantra of those who want to find sexism and/or discrimination.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
if they were serious about making a difference they would have made it a hashtag.
I think they should create a "We Are The World" song and video......

Just keep the song the same. Just change all the "we are the world" parts with "hey white people"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.