"Hey White People" - from the kids of Ferguson

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I think Cajun, gmart and DBF should make a "Hey Black People" video. :biggrin2: It would be cute and probably go viral. Bama Reb will handle the money.:smile:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Before I'm willing to accept the veracity of the conclusions made from those studies, I have serious questions about the methodology.

Just like the 'women make $.80 for every $1 a man makes, for the same job' studies, they fall apart under scrutiny, but it never stops the mantra of those who want to find sexism and/or discrimination.
here is one of the studies http://www.chicagobooth.edu/capideas/spring03/racialbias.html

The authors find that applicants with white-sounding names are 50 percent more likely to get called for an initial interview than applicants with African-American-sounding names. Applicants with white names need to send about 10 resumes to get one callback, whereas applicants with African-American names need to send about 15 resumes to achieve the same result.

In addition, race greatly affects how much applicants benefit from having more experience and credentials. White job applicants with higher-quality resumes received 30 percent more callbacks than whites with lower-quality resumes. Having a higher-quality resume has a much smaller impact on African-American applicants, who experienced only 9 percent more callbacks for the same improvement in their credentials. This disparity suggests that in the current state of the labor market, African-Americans may not have strong individual incentives to build better resumes.

"For us, the most surprising and disheartening result is seeing that applicants with African-American names were not rewarded for having better resumes," says Bertrand.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
yeah, you know now that I think about it I get mob attacked every time I am around around a lot of black people. After 30 years in Atlanta you'd think I'd know better by now thanks for pointing it out!
Yeah our mobs are more worried about disobeying traffic laws than the knock out game

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I think Cajun, gmart and DBF should make a "Hey Black People" video. :biggrin2: It would be cute and probably go viral. Bama Reb will handle the money.:smile:
They make enough of their own. There's no sense in me making one. Gang attacks, strong arm robberies, flash mobs. They have videos every where.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I have always thought that as more racially diverse couples have children grandma and grandpa will have a harder time being prejudiced for a race that is in their own bloodlines.....
I grew up a navy brat and we were only allowed to be prejudiced against other branches of service LOL.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
IMO it will never "die", unless the culture of aggression and violence as acceptable behavior is changed, and I don't see that ever happening. Who would have thought, 50 years ago, that women (or even men) would be involved in MMA matches? It all comes from the same principle, it's just that some choose to not control it. I am waiting for myself to be the subject of my first KO attempt - I'll find out if my range practice works in real life.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I have always thought that as more racially diverse couples have children grandma and grandpa will have a harder time being prejudiced for a race that is in their own bloodlines.....
I grew up a navy brat and we were only allowed to be prejudiced against other branches of service LOL.
The best comeback I've ever heard during some "branches of the service" ribbing:

Ex-Navy guy: The Marines aren't even a branch. They're a department of the Navy.
Ex-Marine: Yeah, the MEN'S department.

:rofl:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
IMO it will never "die", unless the culture of aggression and violence as acceptable behavior is changed, and I don't see that ever happening. Who would have thought, 50 years ago, that women (or even men) would be involved in MMA matches? It all comes from the same principle, it's just that some choose to not control it. I am waiting for myself to be the subject of my first KO attempt - I'll find out if my range practice works in real life.
Truthfully, I see a dichotomy in young people in society today. While there are no doubt a few old-line racist stragglers, the new dichotomy is those who truly want justice and equality and those who want retribution for the past. Not restitution, but retribution. And those who want retribution don't really care if new innocent people get hurt or lose jobs or get killed or whatever else if those innocent people are white. They seem intent on instead of righting the wrongs of the past they will create new wrongs now and in the future and justify it by wrapping themselves in the past. Nevermind that 2 wrongs don't make a right. They just don't care. They actively mock whites who do want justice and equality and even blacks who want to the same (Uncle Tom, anyone?). The people who made this video are part of the problem, not the solution.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
will you be our token, like the white dufus at the end? actually i guess we need a thug black kid to hold hands with us and agree that black kids should stop stomping white people's brains out. im thinking that guy from the leprechaun video from back in the day should work.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I think a generation of people will have to die, maybe 2 or 3 to get the blacks bigots as well. (gmart, clean up needed on isle septarian).
i just cant take the white privilege argument seriously as long as i keep seeing whites being attacked by blacks on a daily basis.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
will you be our token, like the white dufus at the end? actually i guess we need a thug black kid to hold hands with us and agree that black kids should stop stomping white people's brains out. im thinking that guy from the leprechaun video from back in the day should work.
I make a great white dufus!! The video could be a gold mine gmart, bigger than "Hide Yo wife Hide Yo Kids"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The video was cool and made some good points but what turned me off was that it was a ploy to sell the shirts they were wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
The video was cool and made some good points but what turned me off was that it was a ploy to sell the shirts they were wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with the ploy but not so much with it being cool and it made very few good points. Every point could be argued against. IMO, until blacks are willing to admit their own racism you won't see much improvement the other way.

Blacks vote for racism. They vote for one party just because they think they help black people. Most whites vote according to their beliefs not because this party will help white people.

How many protest have we seen in Chicago or any other big city where black on black crime is killing way more unarmed black young people than all of the white cops in America? Where is Sharpton or Jackson or any other black leader for that matter? Is it okay for blacks to kill their own?

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Until a majority of a minority expands its paradigms about acceptable social behavior and understand what it means to be a contributor instead of a consumer, this issue isn't going away. The laws of human nature won't allow it. No matter how many politically correct slogans are launched. The black community needs to focus more on Bill Cosby's message than Al Sharpton's.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I truly have no issue with a black person that behaves socially and contributes to society. I do not see his / her color, and while you might doubt my sincerety, I don't care. I have issues with all people (black, white, hispanic, asian, other) that misbehave socially and are a drain on society. Period. And until the black community recognizes that a majority of their numbers fall into this category, things will not change.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Until a majority of a minority expands its paradigms about acceptable social behavior and understand what it means to be a contributor instead of a consumer, this issue isn't going away. The laws of human nature won't allow it. No matter how many politically correct slogans are launched. The black community needs to focus more on Bill Cosby's message than Al Sharpton's.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I truly have no issue with a black person that behaves socially and contributes to society. I do not see his / her color, and while you might doubt my sincerety, I don't care. I have issues with all people (black, white, hispanic, asian, other) that misbehave socially and are a drain on society. Period. And until the black community recognizes that a majority of their numbers fall into this category, things will not change.
I would really like to see your stats on that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.