News Article: Firefighters suspended for refusing to remove the US flag from their helmet & lockers

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: Firefighters suspended for refusing to remove the US flag from their helmet & loc

Good for them!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Firefighters suspended for refusing to remove the US flag from their helmet & loc

Doesn't read like it was really all about the flag...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Maybe I'm an idiot or maybe it's my military background but......when your boss says do something and you don't do it, don't be surprised if you get a disciplinary action.

But I know that racist thing CANNOT be true; I mean, this is UP NORTH we're talking about, where racism has never existed because everyone is so loving and tolerant.

I get a little wary of the patriotic card (and I'm a vet) just like I get wary of the read the Bible/prayer card (and I'm an evangelical Christian) argument. (Although I do think it would be funny if one of the stickers was a pro-gay marriage pink equals sign - all of a sudden the whole coverage would change).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

They were told to remove all decals, not just the flag ones. I like the flag, but I'm not losing my job over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I think we've had similar discussions about flags, banners, posters, etc., displayed on various properties. The one redeeming fact about this one is that all stickers had to be removed, not just certain ones that someone might have found offensive.
What's good for one is good for all. Since "all" is at what this policy is directed, then I have no objections. So be it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.