Bart Starr suffers stroke

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I've always heard he was a super nice guy. He's appeared on call in shows here a few times over the years since he moved back to Birmingham. They'd take calls and it would embarrass the heck out of him when callers would address him as Coach Starr or Mr. Starr. He'd insist people call him Bart. Just listening to him he came across as a very genuine person.

When I lived in Knoxville, I worked for a guy who was named Bart because Starr was his dad's favorite player.
I have had the privilege of meeting Bart Starr and been around him on several occasions and if there is a nicer, more sincere, genuine person then I have yet to meet him. When I met him I used the phrase Mr. Starr and he was quick to say call me Bart. Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One of the most humble and genuine people I've ever met. Open up Webster's and look up "class" and Bart's picture is there. Praying for a speedy recovery for you, Mr. Starr!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.