Bart Starr suffers stroke

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Rick Karle posted on Facebook that Starr had a minor stroke over the weekend but was doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
A stroke took my Dad. Came three months after the doctor declared him the healthiest 80 year old man he'd ever seen.
You just never know.
I hope Bart does well and has a successful rehab.
One of the greatest QB names in sports history, and a guy who seems to have been a really good person.
I wish him the best.
sip

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
One of the greatest QB names in sports history, and a guy who seems to have been a really good person.
I wish him the best.
sip
I've always heard he was a super nice guy. He's appeared on call in shows here a few times over the years since he moved back to Birmingham. They'd take calls and it would embarrass the heck out of him when callers would address him as Coach Starr or Mr. Starr. He'd insist people call him Bart. Just listening to him he came across as a very genuine person.

When I lived in Knoxville, I worked for a guy who was named Bart because Starr was his dad's favorite player.

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Bart was my favorite pro player when I was a kid and was the reason I became interested in Bama football. Hope this is a minor incident and that he will have a speedy and complete recovery.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Bless his heart...so sad...hopefully the family will rally around him in love and support.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Dang....sorry to hear this. What an iconic sports figure and all around incredible role model for our youth.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Mr. Starr!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.