Happy Birthday Coach Bryant

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Roll Tide and Happy birthday Coach!

It is amazing how his legend and greatness live on so long after his death. He is truly one of the all time greats in American sports history.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He was the best of all time.
There are many coaches today who are very successful because of their ability to recruit great players and "coach them up". I give them all the credit in the world.
But Coach Bryant could take average prospects that some schools didn't even want, and turn them into national championship winners and All-Americans.
I think the biggest testimonial to Coach Bryant's greatness was in the 60's, when he won three national championships. He might have had ten players drafted by the NFL in that decade.
Everyone remembers Namath, Stabler, and Leroy,they were special. But there were very few others, and hardly any linemen that made the NFL because they were so darn little!!!
I remember a guard named Alvin Samples. He made first team All-American, got drafted and got cut. Just too small for the NFL.
Bryant made that "too small guy" a first team All-American.
He was simply amazing, and there'll never be nothing like him leaning up against that goal post.
Mesmerizing. The John Wayne of college football coaches--that's Coach Bryant.
Happy B'Day Coach. If I had a Chesterfield King, I'd smoke it right now.
Roll Tide!
sip

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We just watched "Mama Called" on channel 23 again. It is amazing the love people still have for that great man to this day. When he passed, it was like losing a member of the family. There will never be another like him.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Happy Birthday, Coach.

I had a picture of you - Sports Illustrated cover - in my dorm room - when in law school up here.

I've never been the same since experiencing Alabama football on television in the late '70's...

Roll Tide Coach...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.