Most Convenient Major Airport near Tuscaloosa

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Am planning my first ever trip to T Town - for the Western Carolina game - and since flying anywhere out of where I live tends to be a pain, [think minimum one stopover to change planes] I'm allotting myself 2 full travel days to fly down, as well as drive time to T Town.

From my research thus far, Birmingham looks quite convenient, as it is only some 60 miles from T Town, and I really don't want to have to allocate too much time to drive...

Would reeeeeeeeeally appreciate any thoughts y'all might have...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
^ These look like flights from Ontario, California. Isn't Rush coming from Ontario in Canada? Which city, I don't know.

Here is another vote for Birmingham as his fly-to destination.
Thanks 579.

Yes, flying from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...

Even tho it's the nation's capital, it is essentially a one-horse government town, from whence it is well nigh oompossible to get a direct flight to anywhere interesting...

Thank you all for your valued input.

I think B'ham wins...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Would reeeeeeeeeally appreciate any thoughts y'all might have...
Your efforts at cross-cultural communication is noticed and appreciated.
Bham is not a bad choice.
Of course, with a slightly longer drive is tolerable, Atlanta might eliminate a flight change. Atlanta-Hartsfield is not that far away. Fare might be lower as well.
Enjoy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Your efforts at cross-cultural communication is noticed and appreciated.
Bham is not a bad choice.
Of course, with a slightly longer drive is tolerable, Atlanta might eliminate a flight change. Atlanta-Hartsfield is not that far away. Fare might be lower as well.
Enjoy.
i'd probably do the flight change and go into b-ham. that stretch between atlanta and b-ham on i-20 is horrid. they have finally finished some of the widening, but it didn't fix the major problem, the drivers.

i can't even remember the last time i stepped foot in bham airport, probably 97 or so.

if its just me driving and traffic's not too heavy (no delays, etc), i can make it (once I'm on the highway) from atlanta to t-town in 3 hrs or so.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ms. fundytide and I are going to our first ever game (Bama vs. MSU on November 15th). We're flying Halifax- Toronto- Atlanta and driving Atlanta to Hoover where we will be staying. All this was based on the great advice and insights of the good people here on TideFans and special thanks to Boo Radley who helped us immensely with tickets.

Rush: If you drive from Ottawa to Pearson and fly out of there, you should have lots of good and relatively affordable flight options to Atlanta, Nashville and Birmingham. I understand that the drive from Atlanta airport to Hoover is under 3 hours which is just a quick jaunt by Atlantic Canada standards.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Birmingham is the by far best option. If you prefer direct flights, ATL is an option, but it is a pretty good drive.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
i'd probably do the flight change and go into b-ham. that stretch between atlanta and b-ham on i-20 is horrid. they have finally finished some of the widening, but it didn't fix the major problem, the drivers.

i can't even remember the last time i stepped foot in bham airport, probably 97 or so.

if its just me driving and traffic's not too heavy (no delays, etc), i can make it (once I'm on the highway) from atlanta to t-town in 3 hrs or so.
You wouldn't recognize it then. They've done a great job on the renovation project. Very modern and sleek. As nice as any airport I've been in the last couple of years.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wish the University could do some little something extra for a fan making his first trip to Tuscaloosa from Canada to see the Tide play.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Like others have said I would go into Birmingham. Atlanta (given the previously referenced construction), Nashville, and even Memphis are IMO all equal 3+ hour drive options.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Agree with the Bhm option. I travel a lot, Bhm's airport is clean, modern and most importantly small. It is easy to fly into, to collect your luggage and to snag a rental car. And T town is only about 50 minutes away.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.