Thoughts On Switzer/Stoops

TidePhin

All-SEC
Feb 25, 2005
Hoover, AL
Just wanted to make a comment also receive thoughts on two Oklahoma coaches that talk a lot of the field. Barry Switzer and Bob Stoops.

Switzer just took shots at Texas calling them "Charlie Weak", he also took shots at Condi Rice being on the CFB Playoff committee (which I guess is fair, but didn't have to be that vocal about it) and told the SEC to go beat Stoops when asked about Stoops' SEC comments on radio.

Just wanted people's thoughts on Stoops and OU in general and everything that has been said since early 2013. Because he is probably about to get another win against the SEC, but it's against a team that is down program-wise.

Here's pretty much a Tale of the Tale, Stoops vs. the SEC:

https://www.football.com/en-us/tale-of-the-tape-bob-stoops-vs-the-sec/

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Stoops - Dog - Sunshine - Rear End ... You can fill in the spaces.

He will eventually prove himself to be Big Game Bob all over again ... if he can manage to get into a big game ... that actually matters. At that point, he and his Sooners will become Cya Laters ...probably at the hands of an SEC team ... most likely Alabama ... this year or next ... in the playoffs.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Both of them say whatever they feel like saying and don't really care who likes it. Talk is talk.
I used to like the University of Tennercee a little bit more than the Barn until Phat Phil Phulmer showed up in pumpkin orange.

I used to like the University of Oklahoma a little more than the University of Tennercee until Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob traveled from Gainsville to the Oklahoma City area. I do think he needs to go back to Ohio and replace Pope Urban at that State school.

Now, I did go to Norman, Oklahoma for that game in the early 2000's and that game in Tuscaloosa. I do admit that Coach Big Head, Big Mouth, Big Game Bob did OUT COACH the Fran Man but not by much. Now he did call a key play in that game in Tuscaloosa that won the game. However, I still have a grudge against Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob for beating aTm 77 to 0. I will never forgive him for not running up the score against aTm! Oklahoma should have scored at least 100+ points in that game. Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob was tooooooooo nice to the Fran Man! The Fram Man deserved to be no taller than 4'11" after that game!

Talk is cheap! Now I like the University of Tennercee a little bit more than the University of Oklahoma and I'll probably have to go and pray for forgiveness for even thinking that!

I honestly hope the Alabama Crimson Tide plays the Oklahoma Sooners in the NCAA Championship game this season. We are well over due for payback. I haven't been happy about Bama vs Oklahoma since LeeRoy Jordan tackled their whole team with JFK watching. I was in the Astrodome when Bama vs Oklahoma ended in I think a 24 to 24 tie! Senility may have set in since then, but I think that was the score.

I don't have anything bad to say about Coach Switzer. Coach, have another drink on me.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I used to like the University of Tennercee a little bit more than the Barn until Phat Phil Phulmer showed up in pumpkin orange.

I used to like the University of Oklahoma a little more than the University of Tennercee until Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob traveled from Gainsville to the Oklahoma City area. I do think he needs to go back to Ohio and replace Pope Urban at that State school.

Now, I did go to Norman, Oklahoma for that game in the early 2000's and that game in Tuscaloosa. I do admit that Coach Big Head, Big Mouth, Big Game Bob did OUT COACH the Fran Man but not by much. Now he did call a key play in that game in Tuscaloosa that won the game. However, I still have a grudge against Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob for beating aTm 77 to 0. I will never forgive him for not running up the score against aTm! Oklahoma should have scored at least 100+ points in that game. Big Mouth, Big Head, Big Game Bob was tooooooooo nice to the Fran Man! The Fram Man deserved to be no taller than 4'11" after that game!

Talk is cheap! Now I like the University of Tennercee a little bit more than the University of Oklahoma and I'll probably have to go and pray for forgiveness for even thinking that!

I honestly hope the Alabama Crimson Tide plays the Oklahoma Sooners in the NCAA Championship game this season. We are well over due for payback. I haven't been happy about Bama vs Oklahoma since LeeRoy Jordan tackled their whole team with JFK watching. I was in the Astrodome when Bama vs Oklahoma ended in I think a 24 to 24 tie! Senility may have set in since then, but I think that was the score.

I don't have anything bad to say about Coach Switzer. Coach, have another drink on me.

GREAT post, brother...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This cat is Gene Chizik of the Midwest. Walked into a national championship team. Okay he is a better coach than cheezenip but I don't give a lot of thought to a coach who has won one national championship in 15 years! Once in 15 years. Cmon man!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
We had a great home and home against OU in the early 2000's when OU was on top, Bama wasn't. relationships with the Sooner nation was good, some friendships came from it.

today, go on the net and find an article about Alabama, doesn't matter the subject matter as long as Bama is included. In the comments You will find a classless Sooner fan touting how OU crushed Alabama(although Bama outgained the sooners by 90 yards and Bama had a chance to tie late). They take their cue from their coaches through the years. It shines through the whole program. They can't lose with dignity, they can't win with class.

It shows in Stoops recent comments. before the game he brags about playing a tough SEC team so he can make a big deal about beating them tomorrow. I bet if OU wins big, the sooners will do an SEC!SED!SEC! chant.
The Viles have won 4 conference games (Vandy, Kentucky twice and South Carolina )since 2010, less than any other program except kentucky.
I have no use for him or them. He and they can talk all they want, as long as we polish all those crystal footballs..

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Switzer was a very good college coach but thought his crap didn't stink.

Stoops is from Youngstown, OH. enough said.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
It's not just a Oklahoma thing. It's becoming a every other confrence thing. They are all affraid of having 2 sec teams in the playoff. With a selection committee for the playoff, Stoops is trying to put the thought of their victory (from last year mind you) in the minds of the people on the selection committee. That is why he will do anything he can to make the margin of victory over Tennessee as large as possible. He will then say at the end of the year we beat Tennessee by (x) and Alabama or another sec team beat them by (y) if it is to his benifit. (It doesn't matter if he scores 21 in the last 3 minutes he will still act like it was that big of score all game) His moves are calculated to try and make a case to get his team in the playoff. Can't blame him but that's why I hate the idea of a committee. The bcs got it right and had checks and balances. The committee will have freedom to choose whoever they desire. Trust me unless they have no other choice there will not be 2 teams from same conference in the playoff.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Nobody likes a loud mouth but I understand where it's coming from. For several years Okie was built up as a pre-season powerhouse only to fall by the wayside. It got to the point they were on the verge of being thought irrelevant so big mouth Bob and the lowlife serial cheater Switzer feel the need to politic their way to the championship group since they know the Big12 is weak and with no championship game that could leave them out looking in.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Unfortunately, at the moment Big Game Bob has scoreboard on us. I wish we made a point of getting these teams that get over on us in bowls on our regular season schedule. It'd be nice to get some payback against Utah and OK...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I liked the gameday piece on loudmouth Bob. Fowler sorta narrating clips showing Bob's comments last year, then his backtracking comments on Tennessee and how his previous comments have been 'overblown' . Then Fowler pointed out that Tennessee is a bottom tier SEC team, but still the hardest OOC game on OU's schedule. they proceeded to show stats that UT hasn't beaten a ranked team on the road since 2009 and have lost to top ten teams by an average of 25.1 pts/game. Bob waffles more than a politician. They should call him Eggo

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.