Atlanta 'Burbs
4 years old

impulse control is almost non-existent in a 4 year old

basic child development

you don't hit a 4 year old for any reason

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I was made to go get a switch plenty of times. The first I can remember I had to be about six, maybe seven. I later learned that Dad did it to give himself some time to calm down.

IMO this is well beyond punishment and well into abuse. If he worked for me he would be fired. I have no problem with the NFL firing him.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
In the 80's, it came out that Steve Garvey with the Padres had a bunch of kids with a number of different women. They were selling bumper stickers in San Diego that said, "Steve Garvey is not my Padre." :wink:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Ray Lewis, of all people, had an interesting take on all this last night. He brought up the stigma that the children will have to live with now this is all so public. Other children will ask uncomfortable questions for years. The situation should be remedied but the use of this by media and politicians to gain viewers and favor or votes makes life harder for the kids.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Now the Vikings are saying he isn't welcome again until legal matters are resolved. I guess money talks, but he shouldn't have been reinstated yet anyway.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In the 80's, it came out that Steve Garvey with the Padres had a bunch of kids with a number of different women. They were selling bumper stickers in San Diego that said, "Steve Garvey is not my Padre." :wink:
I met him a few years ago in Omaha. My son played his son's team in a youth world series that coincided with the College Baseball WS.

I can't tell another man how to discipline his kids, but one has to restrain himself and not beat kids out of anger. That's what goes on in the South, North etc. in bad/poor neighborhoods. It's usually done by black women who cannot control their emotions. That's what I've witnessed first hand and that what those whelps remind me of.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Punishing a child's actions should not cause them to bleed. I spanked my kids when they were younger - I'm not against it as a form of behavior modification for some offenses - but never like this.

Sounds like AP has some anger issues.
Agreed. We spank our kids but as they get older we use it less and less as a method of discipline. Though my parents used a switch or a belt we just use our hands (not fist mind you. :biggrin2:). I just don't feel comfortable using an object to spank. Though my parents did and I don't think they abused us. We just don't do it.

AP definitely went overboard with this though. No way drawing blood is a part of "discipline".

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Agreed. We spank our kids but as they get older we use it less and less as a method of discipline. Though my parents used a switch or a belt we just use our hands (not fist mind you. :biggrin2:). I just don't feel comfortable using an object to spank. Though my parents did and I don't think they abused us. We just don't do it.

AP definitely went overboard with this though. No way drawing blood is a part of "discipline".

I was never spanked as a child. But I know by first hand experience, girls are different than boys. Now my husband had his parents use a switch and belt all the time. He also had a house full of boys and they never went too far.

We have spanked our children in certain situations, but one spank on the bottom is enough and never even left a mark. Now that they are older..we never spank them. It is more effective to take things away.

I have never and would never use an object to spank them with. But I don't think my in laws went too far, I just never felt comfortable doing it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.