Adrian Peterson Indicted

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Should we ban every player in the NFL who doesn't project the ideal image?

This is why I don't like the NFL. I only watch our former players. There are a lot of players that shouldn't be idolized on these teams. If it was up to me...depending on what you are charged for..then yes you should not be able to play and receive that big paycheck.

But it isn't up to that and unfortunately they get paid while being horrible people off the field.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I don't know what some of you are talking about, plenty of people lose their jobs because of domestic violence and child abuse. NFL players should be no different, in fact they should be held to a higher standard because they are a public figure IMO.

There are 2 other NFL players who have committed domestic violence recently, one has been convicted, and they are still playing. Why? They should be out to IMO. Goodell is only consistent at being inconsistent.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just saw the pictures of the poor boy. This isn't just a spanking..this is a beating and he should be charged.
I agree. And before anyone asks yes I whoop my boy with a belt as my Dad did me. But my whooping stay to his butt and not his legs, back, front of his legs and God knows anywhere else that AP hit this child. I seen two pics and that was enough for me and made me sick.

And I'm with most here, I'm only 34 but my Father used a thick black belt soaked with years of sweat that he used on me and my brother and we of course deserved every beating we got. My Mom whooped me with a switch one day for busting out a window of a car and left marks up and down my legs but I deserved it as well. I just couldn't hit my son like AP did his FOUR YEAR OLD son who couldn't have done anything "too bad" to deserve something like that. I've had my son hit his knees before while I was swinging and have hit him in the back and it made me sick. From then on I would make him bend over on the bed so he couldn't do that. What gets me is people are justifying this because of who he is and because we all got it bad when we were kids. If those marks were just on the kids rear I would agree it's no big deal but there are marks everywhere.

And for the comment about keeping it between adults I kind of agree with too, UNLESS AP has decided he wasn't going to listen to the Mom and continue to do what he done. This could be a 3rd or 4th time as well.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I seen two pics and that was enough for me and made me sick.
Imagine how bad those wounds were before they had a WEEK to heal. And, there were wounds like those on the scrotum, too. To me, this is more disturbing than the Ray Rice attack. The child is FOUR, for God's sake.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I haven't seen the pictures and really don't want to. If he beat that boy the way you all are saying he did, the AP needs to be in jail.

I initially thought maybe he spanked his son and left a couple of whelps on him, but I was wrong.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Imagine how bad those wounds were before they had a WEEK to heal. And, there were wounds like those on the scrotum, too. To me, this is more disturbing than the Ray Rice attack. The child is FOUR, for God's sake.
I agree. I wore marks like that before too and my Dad hit pretty dang hard too, but even he had control and hit my rear, Not my privates and the front of my legs. This was BEYOND a whooping. I've had people tell me that is what a switch does, I know what one does and yes it leaves marks and that is not my main gripe. My main gripe is where Peterson hit this kid at, To me that is what makes it abuse. Why would you hit a kids privates and the front of their legs? Makes no sense to me. I can only imagine the pics of the child without the underwear on.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
One swat is a spanking. You get past three you are nearing "beating" stage...

My motto was always one surprising pop on the butt ... Fixes darn near anything

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I haven't seen the pictures and really don't want to. If he beat that boy the way you all are saying he did, the AP needs to be in jail.

I initially thought maybe he spanked his son and left a couple of whelps on him, but I was wrong.
You need to look. It will change your mind big time. There is a whelp every few inches up and down the legs (front and back) and supposedly on his privates as well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Punishing a child's actions should not cause them to bleed. I spanked my kids when they were younger - I'm not against it as a form of behavior modification for some offenses - but never like this.

Sounds like AP has some anger issues.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Sounds like AP has some anger issues.
I suspect you're right on that thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Peterson didn't suffer the same consequences as a child at the hands of his own parents (or at least from his father). In some families, punishment of that type was (and is) deemed as "acceptable" and certainly never questioned. What horrible act did this 4 year old child commit to deserve that punishment?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
WTH is wrong with him. He should be suspended for the rest of the year AT MINIMUM. Josh Gordon is suspended the whole year for smoking pot - Adrian Peterson should not be allowed to play football anymore this year..

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
WTH is wrong with him. He should be suspended for the rest of the year AT MINIMUM. Josh Gordon is suspended the whole year for smoking pot - Adrian Peterson should not be allowed to play football anymore this year..
I agree about the suspension. The Vikings should have kept him suspended, but because they got their behinds handed to them, they had a change of heart I suppose.

BTW, Josh Gordon's will be dropped to ten games as soon as the new drug policy is approved.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.