Adrian Peterson Indicted

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Still trying to understand what allegation is being made.
He whipped a boy with a switch/branch from a tree. I know, I know...I'm thinking maybe it wasn't his kid, maybe he caught the kid stealing and was teaching him a lesson...

I think in this case, it's probably another government overreach, but we'll see what comes of it.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Man, if they had this kind of scrutiny when I was a kid, my dad and grandparents wouldn't been locked away for a long time! "Go get a switch!" "Do I need to use my belt?!!"

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
According to the reports, the child had cuts all on his back, butt, groin, and even scrotum. Peterson claimed he was just giving him a "whooping," but the child told his mother that he was afraid that his daddy was going to punch him in the face. I don't think that this has anything to do with the fact that he spanked the child, but that he went way overboard on a 4 year old.

Really bad week to be an NFL runningback. This to me is far less serious that the ray rice circumstances, but it is borderline child abuse.

The good news for AP is that there shouldn't be a video of this released, so that should minimize the public outrage.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Man, if they had this kind of scrutiny when I was a kid, my dad and grandparents wouldn't been locked away for a long time! "Go get a switch!" "Do I need to use my belt?!!"
My mom would tell me to go get a limb off that willow bush. I was afraid to get the smallest limb off that ..... Willow bush. She would have made me go back and get another one, so I just got the biggest one I could find and prayed that she wouldn't draw blood.

According to the reports, the child had cuts all on his back, butt, groin, and even scrotum. Peterson claimed he was just giving him a "whooping," but the child told his mother that he was afraid that his daddy was going to punch him in the face. I don't think that this has anything to do with the fact that he spanked the child, but that he went way overboard on a 4 year old.

Really bad week to be an NFL runningback. This to me is far less serious that the ray rice circumstances, but it is borderline child abuse.

The good news for AP is that there shouldn't be a video of this released, so that should minimize the public outrage.
I read a little bit but didn't read much into where he got hit. I did see pictures though. I think he did go too far. However, that should have been kept between the parents not a grand jury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Most people know how to become fathers, but they just don't know how to be a father!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, I had to go get my one also. However, it was always confined to my legs. (Why was I always wearing short pants when I got into trouble? Anyway, sometime when I was around nine or so, she was wearing me out and I looked up at her and started laughing. (I've always had a high threshold.) She then started laughing. We hugged each other and that was the last of that...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Along with having to fetch my own switch, my dad dragged me home by the ears, one day. (Yes, because his dad did the same thing!)

Forget what I did, but I know I never did it again. Guess it worked. (And so you don't have to ask, never had kids.)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I read a little bit but didn't read much into where he got hit. I did see pictures though. I think he did go too far. However, that should have been kept between the parents not a grand jury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
if he would've beat an adult like that he'd be in jail. there is a difference between spanking and beating.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.