****Official Pregame Thread - Bama vs. USM****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Hey guys, rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd ask the question here since it was indirectly related to tonight's game. But do you see Alabama dropping again in the polls (I know ultimately it doesn't matter) after this game? I think we'll see Oklahoma jump us after they put a beat down on UcheaT today. Thoughts?

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Hey guys, rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd ask the question here since it was indirectly related to tonight's game. But do you see Alabama dropping again in the polls (I know ultimately it doesn't matter) after this game? I think we'll see Oklahoma jump us after they put a beat down on UcheaT today. Thoughts?
I think it's a good possibility. Seems like everyone (read:media) is down on the SEC in general and Bama in particular about a 'weak schedule'. Bama's unfortunate to play two easier games in a row, fueling the fire. I do think that any drop in the polls, technically meaningless as they (the polls) are, will rectify itself as long as we keep winning. I do NOT think the polls are truly irrelevant, however, as the people who actually matter (the people on The Committee) are probably influenced by them to some degree.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If we beat the Gators and they end up much improved, it will start our climb back up. We have a tough schedule ahead of us.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I think it's a good possibility. Seems like everyone (read:media) is down on the SEC in general and Bama in particular about a 'weak schedule'. Bama's unfortunate to play two easier games in a row, fueling the fire. I do think that any drop in the polls, technically meaningless as they are, will rectify itself as long as we keep winning. I do NOT truly think the polls are irrelevant, however, as the people who actually matter are probably influenced by them to some degree.
Yeah I agree here. There's no way the committee isn't influenced to some degree. That's why I think (I hope) eventually we will not see any rankings (outside of the what the committee hands out) beside teams when they play or are put on a tv screen.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I see it happening if we just go through the motions today. I know Bob will hang every point he can on the Vols so he can crow even louder tomorrow. The game will likely get very ugly before it's over.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I see it happening if we just go through the motions today. I know Bob will hang every point he can on the Vols so he can crow even louder tomorrow. The game will likely get very ugly before it's over.
Yeah the guys of College Football Daily said yesterday that do not be surprised if Stoops tries to score as many points as he can on Tennessee to further prove his point regarding the "myth" of SEC dominance. That his disdain for the SEC is real and runs deep.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Yeah the guys of College Football Daily said yesterday that do not be surprised if Stoops tries to score as many points as he can on Tennessee to further prove his point regarding the "myth" of SEC dominance. That his disdain for the SEC is real and runs deep.
I can already hear Oklahoma folks if (when) they pound Tennessee... after beating Bama last year and then another SEC team this year. I guess I don't really blame them, but I hate it all the same.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I can already hear Oklahoma folks if (when) they pound Tennessee... after beating Bama last year and then another SEC team this year. I guess I don't really blame them, but I hate it all the same.
I don't blame them. We can't seem to beat them in three tries in the 2000's. We had no business losing that game in the Sugar Bowl. But we did so to the victor goes the spoils and the right to gloat from the roof tops.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Difficult for me to get excited about the game today - it's lose/lose for us.

If we maul them, we learn nothing about the TEAM (although maybe settle some positions).
If we win a close one, we're overrated.
If we lose - it's gonna be a long year.

That said, a bad day of football is better than a good day of work. Unfortunately, guess where I am until 7 pm tonight?

RTR

(PS - might be AT the Florida game next week, details developing)
It's lose/lose only if you care what the pundits say. I'm excited about todays game simply because I get to see my team and watch them improve. RTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think it's a good possibility. Seems like everyone (read:media) is down on the SEC in general and Bama in particular about a 'weak schedule'. Bama's unfortunate to play two easier games in a row, fueling the fire. I do think that any drop in the polls, technically meaningless as they (the polls) are, will rectify itself as long as we keep winning. I do NOT think the polls are truly irrelevant, however, as the people who actually matter (the people on The Committee) are probably influenced by them to some degree.
ignorant chatter is ignorant chatter. i find it best to ignore it and enjoy getting a chance to watch some of the younger players in action :)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I go back and forth...I'm sick of Stoops but a 77-0 score against UT has it's good side...:biggrin:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I don't blame them. We can't seem to beat them in three tries in the 2000's. We had no business losing that game in the Sugar Bowl. But we did so to the victor goes the spoils and the right to gloat from the roof tops.
True but he is milking it for all it's worth. I hope we both go unbeaten and get a chance to face off in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.