East Carolina thumping VT...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
va tech just can't do anything right
Not even manage their coach's move into retirement. They just extended Beamer to 2018.
Beamer makes too much money to retire willingly, but, because he put VT on the map, the school can't fire him. Worst of all, he no longer has what it takes to coach well.
VT is going to have to do very poorly for a lot of years )so they can fore Beamer), or Beamer is going to have to agree to step down for anything to get better in Blacksburg.
Otherwise, it is just years of mediocrity for the Hokies.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I almost feel bad for Michael Brewer. He was the hero last week and had an article on SI.com about dealing with new-found fame. Sadly, his fifteen minutes has ended.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I almost feel bad for Michael Brewer. He was the hero last week and had an article on SI.com about dealing with new-found fame. Sadly, his fifteen minutes has ended.
Sadly, we barely touched him last week. ECU really got after him today.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I hope he retires after this year & he doesn't end up destroying his great coaching legacy he's built in Blacksburg over the years..Joe Pa & Diddy wrote the blueprint for HC's as to when they should retire before they totally tarnish what they've built..Coach Bryant & Coach Stallings set the right examples for HC's to ride off in the sunset a winner..

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA
Seems like every year VT gets beat up on by a nobody.
No excuses here, and I agree with the general point, but ECU is hardly a nobody. They're a borderline top-25 team this year, and they've got at least 1 and maybe 2 WRs that would start for just about anybody in the country. And their defense doesn't get the credit it deserves IMO. Still, this was classic Beamer. It's not always for the same reasons, but one way or another it's the same result every year. I'm convinced at this point that this is his legacy, which is sad considering all that he's done for VT. The only reason anyone talks about us at all is what he's accomplished over the last 20+ years.

To put a positive spin on it, we've improved significantly since he (finally!) made needed changes on the offensive coaching staff before last season. We've made a lot of progress in recruiting and that infusion of young talent is paying dividends. But given how bad our OL was, it's going to take years to recover. As the saying goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm sticking with my prediction from last year that we won't know if he made the right changes until after the 2015 season.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
No excuses here, and I agree with the general point, but ECU is hardly a nobody. They're a borderline top-25 team this year, and they've got at least 1 and maybe 2 WRs that would start for just about anybody in the country. And their defense doesn't get the credit it deserves IMO. Still, this was classic Beamer. It's not always for the same reasons, but one way or another it's the same result every year. I'm convinced at this point that this is his legacy, which is sad considering all that he's done for VT. The only reason anyone talks about us at all is what he's accomplished over the last 20+ years.

To put a positive spin on it, we've improved significantly since he (finally!) made needed changes on the offensive coaching staff before last season. We've made a lot of progress in recruiting and that infusion of young talent is paying dividends. But given how bad our OL was, it's going to take years to recover. As the saying goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm sticking with my prediction from last year that we won't know if he made the right changes until after the 2015 season.
I was stunned by how poorly the defense played Saturday (especially 1st Qtr and the final ECU drive).
You just can't spot an opponent 21 points before you start playing serious football. That is just not smart.
You are right, the offense is finally starting to look better. Brewer has two years of eligibility left, right?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.