Cooper vs Julio...Who is better?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed...I'm not sure anyone, including Coach Saban really knows how great, good, average, or below, that this team will be.
I know that they think this team has a lot more of the right workmanlike attitude than the last one, but they may not be so extravagantly talented...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Just the fact that this is a legitimate discussion is surprising to me. I was excited when Cooper decided to come to Alabama, but not near as excited as I was when Jones decided to come.

Knowing what I know now I couldn't choose between the two if they were saying me or him. The fact that I would be happy just flipping a coin is a testament to how good Cooper really is.

I personally think Jones was every bit the receiver for us that Cooper is, but a better blocker. Does Mark Ingram win the Heisman without Jone's downfield blocking?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If I were assembling a track and field team, Julio would be my top pick between the two. He's faster. Can jump higher, faster, is stronger, etc... The one thing I think Cooper has on Julio in the athleticism department is his agility, and that's why he's able to run such good routes. He can turn on a dime.

Julio ran a 4.39 at the NFL combine on a broken foot.

ON A BROKEN FOOT.

Julio could play almost any position on the field, Cooper couldn't.

Cooper is the better WR, but Julio is the better overall athlete.
I would say the same thing about Mark and Trent. Trent is the better athlete but Mark is the better running back..

If I were assembling a track and field team, Julio would be my top pick between the two. He's faster. Can jump higher, faster, is stronger, etc... The one thing I think Cooper has on Julio in the athleticism department is his agility, and that's why he's able to run such good routes. He can turn on a dime.

Julio ran a 4.39 at the NFL combine on a broken foot.

ON A BROKEN FOOT.

Julio could play almost any position on the field, Cooper couldn't.

Cooper is the better WR, but Julio is the better overall athlete.
Good stuff! Thanks for that. You are correct. But as for WR I'll go with Coop, Julio is close those.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.