Cooper vs Julio...Who is better?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: Cooper vs Julo...Who is better?

Cooper is a classic, smooth as silk type of receiver who can blow by you in a heartbeat.

Julio's an athletic freak of nature (in a very good way) who can outrun you and run through you.

Hard to say who's best, but Amari will be as financially well as Julio one day soon.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Cooper is smoother and has better hands. Julio is stronger and blocks a whole lot better. They are both pretty solid.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

Coop
Better hands
More fluid route runner
Equally as athletic

Jones
Stronger and more physical
A top 10 NFL pick and a top 5 NFL reciever

I will give the nod to Julio until Coop brings it at the next level.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

In college, Cooper - and it's not really that close. Julio Jones dropped too many passes at Alabama. Since arriving in the NFL, Jones is a much improved pass catcher and can now fully leverage his amazing physical attributes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Cooper is a classic, smooth as silk type of receiver who can blow by you in a heartbeat.

Julio's an athletic freak of nature (in a very good way) who can outrun you and run through you.

Hard to say who's best, but Amari will be as financially well as Julio one day soon.
He reminds me more of AJ Green than Julio...

BamaMcGowin

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2012
Corydon, Iowa

Don't forget that Julio had problems with that broken hand his entire Soph. year; that didn't help his ability to catch. Very hard to compare them because they are two totally different style receivers. Amari is a speedster who can outrun anyone, but Julio was tall and a great blocker.

Don't forget that Julio had problems with that broken hand his entire Soph. year; that didn't help his ability to catch. Very hard to compare them because they are two totally different style receivers. Amari is a speedster who can outrun anyone, but Julio was tall and a great blocker.
Julio is still known for dropping one easy one in the NFL. Coop is just smooth with everything he does.

Really I just don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Before tonight if say cooper. But with the Freddy milons 90yard run to gain 10 that pretty much tells me Julio Jones would clean his clock. Julio Jones by a mile.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

Both guys have made miraculous catches and both have dropped a good many passes. Julio can catch anything Amari can but the focus wasn't always there at Alabama. Amari is a better route runner at this point in his career but these days it's rare that Julio doesn't go over a hundred in a game, even when he has a bad day. They're both elite after-the-catch playmakers. One day, I think Amari will be better. He's such a natural route runner, you can't teach the skills he has. Julio has been shut down by good cornerbacks (recently). I think DBs are gonna have a harder time with Cooper in the NFL.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
This wouldn't even be a question if AJ McCarron had been throwing to Julio Jones. When you have a strong armed quarterback it makes a world of difference.

Cooper is probably more technically sound, only because he's not the physical freak Julio is.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Julio is the better wide receiver. He's bigger, faster, a better blocker, and more of a leader.
Amari is very very good, but he's not Julio.
Why this is even a topic, I have no clue. Florida should be the subject, not, if Julio is better than Amari or vice-versa.
sip

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

Julio is the better wide receiver. He's bigger, faster, a better blocker, and more of a leader.
Amari is very very good, but he's not Julio.
Why this is even a topic, I have no clue. Florida should be the subject, not, if Julio is better than Amari or vice-versa.
sip
Well, sip...we'll see about that when Amari gets to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.