****Bama vs. USM - Postgame Thread****

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wasn't able to be online while the game was on, so wondering who we expect to step up / what changes we expect given the fact that Nick Perry will miss the first half v. Florida...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Still a lot to work on, but that has not been when Alabama has struggled with Saban at the helm. I'll start to worry about Alabama when you look unbeatable.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I just want to say, and I'm paraphrasing to the best of my memory, that CNS said this year would be like starting over. I'm amazed at how calm he does seem to be this year on the sideline. He knows what the problems are. We may lose a couple of games along the way, but we are also seeing some "surprises" as well such as an overrated and overhyped UGA team. What they've been crowing about the last couple of weeks is beyond me. USCe crowed on them that's for sure.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Really pretty confident in Blake. We've really fallen in love with Cooper (who hasn't after this start to 2014 haha)...but as a passing game concept, we need to get more guys involved. I don't think Sims has tunnel vision on Cooper, he's just been the primary quite a bit. I know these other guys can make plays so I tend to think that this is a setup for a more diversified offense taking advantage of rolled coverage on Cooper.

Really want to see us integrate a square-in post route combo (post dig) off the shotgun play fake when we see single high. I dunno if Sims is going to bomb it like McCarron did for 3 seasons but we can create easy deep reads in favorable situations for him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'll make it quick : I don't think our QB competition is over. With the exception of the sack, Coker moved the ball down the field fast, and spread the ball around to different receivers. Sims made plays with his feet, but he had issues getting the plays in and I don't know if it's on him or Kiffin. We'll see. I found it interesting was when Coker was in, Receivers were suddenly open.. v.s Cooper when Sims was in. I look for Sims to start next week, but expect Coker to play some. Our running game is very confusing right now. Who is our main backs? Is this something where we'll use 4 or 5 running backs next week? This should be interesting next week. Jones definitely pushing everyone. Defense wise...*sighs* ... tackling issues... We gotta fix this... I don't think we'll have issue with Florida next week, but we better be ready.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
We will have some answers next week, if we can move up and down the field on Fla. Looking at tonight's game with Kentucky I'm not impressed with their offense

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Sims will continue to start and Coker will still get reps. Unless an injury occurs or SEC defenses figure out how to make us one dimensional that wont change.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I'll make it quick : I don't think our QB competition is over. With the exception of the sack, Coker moved the ball down the field fast, and spread the ball around to different receivers. Sims made plays with his feet, but he had issues getting the plays in and I don't know if it's on him or Kiffin. We'll see. I found it interesting was when Coker was in, Receivers were suddenly open.. v.s Cooper when Sims was in. I look for Sims to start next week, but expect Coker to play some. Our running game is very confusing right now. Who is our main backs? Is this something where we'll use 4 or 5 running backs next week? This should be interesting next week. Jones definitely pushing everyone. Defense wise...*sighs* ... tackling issues... We gotta fix this... I don't think we'll have issue with Florida next week, but we better be ready.
it'll be the NCG before you think it's no longer a competition...:biggrin2:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Sims seems to struggle when we play at a slower pace for some reason, but I believe he is the starter. TJ is the starter, Henry is 2nd, and Drake is 3rd. They are all going to play a lot. Jones and Tenpenny have only played when we are blowing people out.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was proud of Blake & our offense tonight..I agree that he seems to zone in on Coop, but, why shouldn't he???..I would do the same thing as well, cause Coop is the absolute best WR in the country & perhaps the best WR in the history of Bama Football..As long as it produce positive yards & points..I hope he zones in on Coop as much as his Crimson Heart desires too..When SEC teams double or triple teams Coop, all that does, is leave some mighty good playmakers elsewhere on our offense open in single coverage that Blake will go to when Coop isn't open..We have to remember that this is only Blake's 3rd game as a starter & still becoming comfortable running our offense..I do wish we would go HUNH on offense cause Blake seems more comfortable running it..Rather than our usual slower paced "Smash Mouth" style football..

The more live action reps he gets, he'll become an even better QB, and that's when he'll open up throwing the ball all over the field, and he will spread the wealth around to other WR's & TE's(Howard)..Having said all that & reading all the posts about how Blake targets Coop so much..I'm impressed & am very proud of Blake Sims..He's done nothing but produce wins as our QB & our offense has looked bout as good as any offense we've had at Bama..And we will only get better as the season goes on with Blake running our offense..Just sit back & enjoy the ride..I have a feeling we're going to witness another NC run with Blake leading the way & we will add to the
collection of our NC Trophies this year..ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!..

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"Saban said he didn't feel comfortable with the way the game was going and didn't want to make a change. Said Blake Sims, right now, is more confident. If that remains that way, he will probably start vs. Florida."

He also said that more players need to be involved on offense side..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.